Results & Standings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Pick3 Championship

Results & Standings

Moderator: Football Pick3 Mods

Postby Arlo » Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:02 am

Well nor did the 8th that was me, first time in top 10 I think and I don't even get points....[/quote]
Those were the results after two games; points for the season standings are awarded once all three games are over. Congrats on picking up 200! ;-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:23 am

Sorry fellas I guess I don't understand the scoring. I dont understand how the season standings through week 2 points are accumulated. Guess i figured after finishing 52, and 44 I would have been in the top 52.

Sorry, I am new at this game and confused. Thanks.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby menyak » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:37 am

Reading the rules might help. ;-)
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:26 pm

after reading it numerous times, i posted. Sorry I missed the paragraph that contained my answer.

And thanks for the obviously sarcastic answer. Could have been phrased much differently. No need to be an ass about it. I did ask politely.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby menyak » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:32 am

Reading the rules did help - fine. ;-D It's always important to make sure that the information provided is accurate and understandable. If someone asks a question that is already answered in the rules, it sometimes indicates that the rules need to be revised because things are not explained as well as we had hoped for. For that reason I usually point to the default explanation rather than answering the question directly.

Glad I could help - no clue however why you think it's a good idea to call me names for it. ;-7
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:42 am

It's tough to tell sarcasm and cynicism through a post like this Menyak, and I felt yours contained both. I apologize for the name calling. I felt immediately that your response offered little help as that was something I had tried already. Perhaps pointing me to the answer directly would have helped more.

However it did get me to go through the rules again, so the answer did help. Although, I did feel it could have been written differently. I did feel the answer was very condescending in the least.

If you knew the answer, stating the rules 'might' help? come on. You took a tone with it and you knew it.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Postby menyak » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:02 am

Sure I was being a little bit sarcastic as well (what's so bad about a pinch of irony these days, anyway? 8-o ). No offense meant, though. :-)
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:50 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:It's tough to tell sarcasm and cynicism through a post like this Menyak, and I felt yours contained both. I apologize for the name calling. I felt immediately that your response offered little help as that was something I had tried already. Perhaps pointing me to the answer directly would have helped more.

However it did get me to go through the rules again, so the answer did help. Although, I did feel it could have been written differently. I did feel the answer was very condescending in the least.

If you knew the answer, stating the rules 'might' help? come on. You took a tone with it and you knew it.

Swiper, you didn't say in your original post that you had read the rules. menyak's post told you that there were rules and he gave you a link to the rules. There are 12 paragraphs dealing with scoring how was he supposed to know with what you needed help?

Also, Zimm asked the same question on page 2 of this thread and by Osk on this very page, so it is not a stretch for him to think that you did not read the rules or bother checking the other posts.

You've gotta take it easy on the guy when he suggests that you read the rules and give you a wink emoticon.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tiki » Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:10 pm

Arlo wrote:Well nor did the 8th that was me, first time in top 10 I think and I don't even get points....

Those were the results after two games; points for the season standings are awarded once all three games are over. Congrats on picking up 200! ;-D[/quote] Oh nice call! and thanks!! ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MCG321 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:43 pm

2nd place this week and 4th overall! Not bad!
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Pick3 Championship