FanMill Fantasy Site CLOSES! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

FanMill Fantasy Site CLOSES!

Moderator: Football Moderators

FanMill Fantasy Site CLOSES!

Postby CoachAub » Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:54 pm

Some of you guys may have visited or even played in a league at Fanmill. (not to be confused with Fanball) They were an upstart site last year and they really showed a lot of promise. They had great ideas, but unfortunately, many of those ideas never came to fruition. After working through problems last season, we were able to get through the season successfully. Over the winter, they scrapped their program, and decided to build a more stable platform with newer and larger servers to hold the growing customer base. Unfortunately, I could see the trouble brewing, everything was behind. I encouraged our league to move to Fanball Commissioner or another site. After much discussion, we decided to move. One of our members paid for CBS Sportsline ($130) kindly. Luckily we moved when we did because the site is now down. There is a message in the forum stating we will get our money back, which isn't much. Returning teams only paid $4.95 a team. I wished they could have made it, but it is a dog-eat-dog world out there. I feel bad for the leagues who can no longer access their rosters, etc. to even move to a new site or software.

If you are a (former) member of Fanmill, post a message here. I'd love to stay in touch with my friends from the forums there. I announced on the forums that I was leaving, as the writing was on the wall. There were those who were angry at me, but I had had enough.

R.I.P. Fanmill
***Coach Aub***
GSL Norris @ Fanball's Exit42
Zealots-Z28 Eagles
CoachAub
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby AGENT » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:51 pm

That Sucks!!
AGENT
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby steelerfan04 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:32 pm

Too bad. That site had promise but things didn't seem to work out for them.
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby BrutallyHuge » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:51 pm

Good riddance. They prided themselves on giving bad advice like saying Anquan Boldin was a flash-in-the-pan after Week 1 and saying that Fragile Freddy would probably get injured.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk