Help! Yahoo on fritz! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Help! Yahoo on fritz!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Payne Dailey » Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:41 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Eh, they get tons from major sponsors of its Fantasy, just like the baseball side which is sponsored by GMC. But any suggestions for a good site which isn't too expensive just in case of next year? If my draft can't be done this is garbage.

If you have enough friends, doing it with an excel spreadsheet is the best. I use yahoo as a host but my main money league is friends and friends of friends. The draft is in person and lasts several hours. Quite fun to see your buddy drunk in a bidding war for David Boston. All of the trades are done in person or on the phone. If yahoo starts to charge we'll just make a web site ourselves and run it there.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TTTBone » Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:44 pm

Yes, there is MAJOR sponsorship, but I think yahoo may have been unprepared for the level of participation they're getting, and their servers may be overwhelmed. I'm seeing a lot of my leagues move to yahoo (as the last decent free service). As other sites go "pay", I think yahoo is probably seeing 50%+ of online leagues move to their site. This is one of the big draft weekends of the year, they obviously weren't fully prepared. This sucks. They'll work it out. But, I'd assume you'll be paying for league hosting everywhere next year. Can't really complain too much, but really sucks for you. Sorry.
Oh, they're up...
good luck! ;-D
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:03 pm

They are up but its taking 10 minutes to get into the draft. The horrors of 56k :~(
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Payne Dailey » Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:07 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:They are up but its taking 10 minutes to get into the draft. The horrors of 56k :~(

It's not your connection 34, I have a 4000k line and it took me awhile to get in. My advice to anyone that has a draft tonight is to keep refreshing/rebooting till you get in. It worked for me but that could have been a glitch.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:13 pm

10 minutes after my draft is supposed to start and I still haven't got in. How long should it take? Because this is absolute BS. I dont care if its free, its only free service if you actually get service.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Payne Dailey » Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:19 pm

I don't know the exact time. What I did was refresh team page then I went back to my home page and clicked on yahoo fantasy page as soon as it started searching I hit refresh and I got in. If you can't get in I read on these boards that you might be able to get it reset. Good Luck.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk