Will Marshall Faulk have a Priest Holmes season? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Marshall Faulk have a Priest Holmes season?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Will Marshall Faulk have a Priest Holmes season?

Postby GoalLineExtravaganza » Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:17 pm

I just have a felling that Marshall is going to have a break out season this year and I haven't heard a thing on him, what gives? you telling me that he has fallen out of the top tier of running backs that quickly. Now that STL has a sure starting QB will marshall staying healthy I think he will be back in top form. And speaking of priest holmes will he go for a 27 tds this year?
Last edited by GoalLineExtravaganza on Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Two straight league championships and i'm going for three ;]

GoalLineExtravaganza
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby arrbez » Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:22 pm

sure, faulk is healthy now...but I wouldnt bet on him surviving the season, since he hasnt had a healthy campaign in 3 years

he has top 10 potential, probably even top 5 because of TD's, but he could also sprain his knee in his first game and play 5 games all year. it's a big risk/reward situation

and having to deal with all his "game time decisions" is enough to drive a fantasy player nuts

i didnt get to see much of him last year, but you have to feel that he's lost a step at this point in his career
It doesn't need to be in good taste, so long as it tastes good
arrbez
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Slingblade » Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:24 pm

faulk is done...to old...im just waiting on his knees to go out this season to force early retirement....go Steven Jackson!!!
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby nsulham » Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:36 pm

By all means, draft Faulk with that line of thinking. And in turn, your league will thank you.

Don't draft Faulk thinking he's anything close to what he used to be.
New England Patriots
The 53-man Dynasty
nsulham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:41 pm

I'm one of the few, but I believe Faulk still has 1 solid year left in him. You know the saying, "a candle burns brightest right before it extinguishes". That's how I feel about the situation.

Draft Faulk knowing you will get a top performer when he plays. If you're confident in your backup running backs, Faulk is the ideal #2 this year IMO. If you can get him at #3.... that's just crazy talk. Some people think 10 TDs a year falls out of trees... Faulk can put that # up in his sleep.

Just don't be surprised if an injury keeps him sidelined for multiple games.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Tiki » Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:49 pm

Slingblade wrote:faulk is done...to old...im just waiting on his knees to go out this season to force early retirement....go Steven Jackson!!!
I amjust wonderin what about Arlen Harris Isn't he the #2
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Superman in Training » Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:02 pm

I know it sounds wierd, but Faulk is not a fantasy impact anymore. A guy that has a fantasy football strategy named after him is no longer a factor. Yes its true, get over it. Stop living in the past. That is the way it goes in the NFL and in Fantasy football. It is a game for the young.

Doesn't matter who is #2 right now S. Jackson is the future and he we very well could be talking about using the Steven Jackson strategy when drafting. ok thats a stretch, but he is a stud. I live in Oregon I know.

PS Faulk would make an ok #3, but that probably wont happen. Let someone else take a chance on him being their 1 or 2.
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:15 pm

No Arlen Harris is a fullback now. Gordon was #2 but is out approx 4-5 more weeks. Jackson is the #2 back now, and I don't see how he will drop below that even when Gordon is back. He is a solid back, and the future in St Louis.

Even if Faulk doesn't miss a game this year, this could be his last year in St Louis due to his astronomical salary cap number next year. There is no way they can afford to keep him. None.

But, chances are he may not stay healthy and once he gets in there Faulk may not be able to get back in, just like what happened to Warner.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Budman_ffc » Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:46 pm

Faulk news......

Fri, 13 Aug 2004 05:29:41 -0700Associated Press reports St. Louis Rams RB Marshall Faulk (knee) did not play in the team's preseason opener Thursday, Aug. 12, against the Chicago Bears.

Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:48:57 -0700

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports St. Louis Rams head coach Mike Martz is considering playing RB Marshall Faulk (knee) against the Kansas City Chiefs in the team's second preseason game. Typically Martz likes to wait until the third preseason game before using Faulk during the exhibition season.

In a nutshell, Marshall's knee is still not 100% and he stated to the press that he is considering retirement if he isn't healthy before the start of the regular season. Guess we'll have wait and watch.
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deftdelivery » Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:52 pm

I'd just let someone else deal with the headache of having Faulk this year...he'll be up and down all throughout the year...I expect little to no consistency. You don't want him as your #1, and you could have better as your #2.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk