Lewis to miss at least two games due to trial - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lewis to miss at least two games due to trial

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lewis to miss at least two games due to trial

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:00 pm

I know there are several threads on Lewis and his off the field problems, but I don't think anyone has posted the definite dates that he will miss.

Associated Press wrote:Jamal Lewis's trial will start between Weeks 8 & 9 of the fantasy season. Brian Billick said that Lewis could miss miss both of those games.

NFLFreaks.com wrote:Fantasy Insight:
The Ravens bye week is week 6 so your looking at potentially not having Jamal Lewis for three games at the minimum. Think about that when you're on the clock on draft day.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BGbootha » Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:10 pm

my only question is that i don't believe court meets on sundays??????

Will he not play simply becuase he isn't practicing. Hell i mean McNair never practices (always seems to be hurt just enough)

huh?!? definitly something to think about though. thanks Vhawk
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby Budman_ffc » Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:52 pm

Even if he does play...will his head be in the game 100% or will he be distracted? Also, His situation WILL be a distraction for the team in general.
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deftdelivery » Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:56 pm

This really sucks if he misses time. The trial is a major distraction for the team because it screws with the team flow and chemistry...but I don't think it's a big deal for Lewis if he plays. He's not going to be hitting the holes thinking about the dope he smuggled...he'll be running over the linebackers thinking about 6.

But man that sucks
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby xbird » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:11 pm

I don't see why Lewis couldn't play on Sunday of those weeks.
It's not like he's the QB, all he has to do is take the ball and run
to the hole. Sounds to me like Billick is one of those coaches who
is a hard ass, and has a "no practice, no play" rule. I hope he
sits Lewis, I can't stand Billick- notice, I didn't say I hate the
Ravens.
xbird
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Kensat30 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:13 pm

Terrell Owens didn't practice with the Niner's for half of the season last year due to various injuries. HE still managed 1100/9 in 15 games though. Granted these numbers are well below his averages in recent years, but it just shows you that star players will produce regardless of practice.

I think the Raven's are beginning to realize that Jamal is too big of a part of this team to sit on the bench. If the Raven's decide to bench Jamal when the Raven's are still in the playoff hunt because he missed practice..... I just don't think the Ravens coaching and management is that stupid.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:39 pm

Billick would be a dumbass if he sat a 100% Lewis because he couldn't make it to practice. Have fun not making the playoffs if you do that Billick. Hope it was worth the point you proved.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Paladyr » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:43 pm

subject is deceiving. It doesn't say lewis WILL miss, it says he could miss. Choose your words carefully.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jumpman8828 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:52 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Billick would be a dumbass if he sat a 100% Lewis because he couldn't make it to practice. Have fun not making the playoffs if you do that Billick. Hope it was worth the point you proved.

I know, I don't like it when coaches do that. The players have been playing for years, do they think a few practices are gonna make a difference? Ok, maybe they're practicing to play against a team's defensive system, but a star like Lewis, along with his offensive line, could probably take anything thrown their way (especially since the Ravens can't play against their own D).
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby hawksfan896 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:10 pm

Lewis's trial starts the day after the week 8 game and won't meet on the weekend, even if it does last over a week (which it doesn't look like), trial wise it shouldn't interrupt any games. There's no reason at all for Billick to sit him week 8 considering he should be able to practice all week. I guess it's possible Billick would sit him for missing practice into week 9, but I don't see it. I think Brain Billick would rob his mother to win a game. It doesn't look to me like Jamal will sit at all.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Next

Return to Football Talk