Lewis to miss at least two games due to trial - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lewis to miss at least two games due to trial

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby IRON CHEF » Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:46 pm

I wouldn't worry about J Lew being focused. A good deal before the charges were revealed to the public he played knowing what lingered before him. I'm sure he has the right mindset to play through something like this. It is simply a matter of if Billick plays him or not and if he is charged for that matter.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ForeverBlue » Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:50 pm

Meanwhile, here's an AP report that says they hope he'll play the games even when the trial is going on.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

Despite the report if you draft Jamal Lewis I'm sure you'll handcuff him with Chester Taylor. I like him over Musa Smith.

Also grab him late if you draft a RB that has a bye week during Weeks 9 (vs Clev) and 10(@Jets). He could make a nice fill in for you.
ForeverBlue
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BigMusky » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:52 am

I am playing this info up all over my league to devalue him so I can take him. He is going to rock this year.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Flux » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:55 am

there is still no definite answer on who his backup is, is there? I know Chester Taylor came in first in the game against ATL, but there is also a lot of speculation that Musa may be the man. Anyone more insightful on this?
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Paladyr » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:16 am

chester has been great as the backup and also spelling lewis. I don't see any reason why chester would not be the primary backup as he is currently listed. All i have seen is speculation that musa would be the back to handcuff, with no reason other than he is built a lot like lewis, which IMO is not enough.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AcidRock23 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:17 am

Even IF the trial starts mid season, I'm sure that Lewis' attorney will be able to think up something ELSE that will take some additional time to investigate and a continuance or whatever will likely push the trial back several months. They won't even have to hope the judge is a Ravens' fan or anything like that. There's any one of a number of things that can come up in something like this that somebody out of all the people involved will have to take a look at. Unless somebody torques off the judge and makes him decide to 'punish' Lewis by forcing him to miss something that would make him miss a game, he should be fine for this year.
AcidRock23
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:25 am

Thanks for the info VHAwk

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Football Talk