Embattled QBs and Mental Health Patients - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Embattled QBs and Mental Health Patients

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Warpigs » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:46 am

You missed a QB that I don't think will be starting when the season closes -- Tommy Maddox. While I think he'll produce much better this season than last, I still think that Roethlisberger will be leading the offense by late in the regular season (once the Steelers are out of contention).
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Wesley Walker » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:54 am

Warpigs wrote:You missed a QB that I don't think will be starting when the season closes -- Tommy Maddox. While I think he'll produce much better this season than last, I still think that Roethlisberger will be leading the offense by late in the regular season (once the Steelers are out of contention).

I almost put Maddox in the same category as Warner, though he never got as hot as Warner was. Maddox did have a pretty good September last year, though, before cooling off big time. So I don't disagree that he could be replaced -- but I think he's got the potential to keep his job. which shouldn't be too hard considering the way they do things in the Steel City. Not a short hook.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Warpigs » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:57 am

Wesley Walker wrote:
Warpigs wrote:You missed a QB that I don't think will be starting when the season closes -- Tommy Maddox. While I think he'll produce much better this season than last, I still think that Roethlisberger will be leading the offense by late in the regular season (once the Steelers are out of contention).

I almost put Maddox in the same category as Warner, though he never got as hot as Warner was. Maddox did have a pretty good September last year, though, before cooling off big time. So I don't disagree that he could be replaced -- but I think he's got the potential to keep his job. which shouldn't be too hard considering the way they do things in the Steel City. Not a short hook.

Not a short hook to start. They think that Maddox will lead them to the playoffs. However, all you Steeler fanatics out there -- the Steelers won't make the playoffs. When Pittsburgh officially falls out of the race, expect Roethlisberger to get more and more reps as they work on getting him his valuable game-time experience. With receivers like Ward and Burress, I think Roethlisberger will quickly catch on and play well, getting the official starting reins.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby MadScott » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:14 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Wesley Walker wrote: Corey Dillon owners of last year know what I mean. Not every head case gets their hand slapped and acquieces -- there's always the player who serves the four-game suspension or who refuses to suit up for his team.

Before last yr Dillon was not considered a head case.
Gotta disagree with you here CM. He was always wanting the ball more in Cinn. This malcontent tag didn't pop up overnight, everyone else simply cowtowed to it. Luckily for them, Lewis was a strong enough presence to finally kick him.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk