#1 Pick A Blessing and a Curse Advice Needed - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

#1 Pick A Blessing and a Curse Advice Needed

Moderator: Football Moderators

#1 Pick A Blessing and a Curse Advice Needed

Postby Shotgun StU » Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:25 pm

I have been playing FF for 4 years, last year I won my FF Bowl and just found out I have the number one pick which is great in I can take anyone but bad in that if I botch the pick scorn is soon to follow. Knowing that running backs are the key I figure that it is a choice of 3 backs LT, Holmes or Green.

LT-awesome talent, weak defensive division, great reciever, low touchdown total, weak O-Line,probably rookie QB, no name recievers, but great track record for health and yardage.

Holmes-TD machine, high scoring offense, great reciever, no WR to take away catches from, gets some help from Gonzo, weak defensive division, questions about not being 100%, awesome O-Line, great offensive system.

Green-Coming off career year, good reciever, usually has a weak schedule strength, super weak run defense in his division, had him 2 years ago and was not as good, losses some touches to Davenport, great QB but losses some TD to TE.

I think I will pick Holmes but what do you think?????
Shotgun StU
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ek » Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:47 pm

I had the #1 pick and took Holmes - I wound up taking Corey Dillon and Hines Ward with my first "sandwich" pick (2.10/3.1). If you can get a good second back with that sandwich, it's not a bad place to be at all this year, as a lot of the second tier RBs look pretty similar ;-D .
Ek
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:50 pm

The number 1 pick is definately a tough one. if you can get a quality number 2 back like Ek did, then you turn out pretty solid. id take priest if I were you. does anyone want the number 1 pick? maybe you can trade 1st and second rounders with someone.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:56 pm

I could see that you are new to the cafe, try a search, there have been tons of threads about this. That way you could see everyone's opinion on the issue.

;-D

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby prodonut » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:49 am

flip a coin..heads holmes..tails tomlinson..if it lands standing up..green
prodonut
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby maddog60 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:39 pm

You're on the right track. At #1 overall you have to hedge your bets with Holmes. If he somehow gets injured their will be the naysayser that will perennially says "So-and-so is going to bust" that are finally right and will criticize you for not seeing it coming. However, if you dont choose him, and he continues his dominance (which he's shown no signs of stopping), then you're also going to get criticized.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk