CIN vs TB - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cincinnati Bengals

CIN vs TB

Moderator: Football Moderators

CIN vs TB

Postby Flux » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:02 am

Can some of you guys who actually get the game give give an analysis on how we look tonight?

Im very interested in a few things:

Carson Palmer
Warrick - does he look recovered from his injury?
K. Washington - could he push for the starting job
C. Perry - did he play (i know he wasnt supposed to but then the game got moved and i havent heard anything on that)
D - just in general, are we looking better? How did our rookies and Deltha look?

Im a little irritated that we arent getting the game here in Columbus, they showed all of them last year on Fox Sports or CBS, I think these darn olympics are cutting into my preseason football! These networks need to get their priorities straight :-b
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DUKE » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:50 am

That sucks that you can't see the game Flux. As I said in the pm; I will write up an analysis of the game afterwards. It will be done either tonight after the game or tomorrow morning, depending on how many cold ones I have during the game :*) . I'm pretty much looking for the same things you mentioned. One position battle that is interesting is the punting job. The two Kyles (Larson and Richardson) are competing for the job. I wasn't impressed at all with Richardson last year, though he does have experience punting for the superbowl Raven team when Marvin was there. Larson is a rookie with a bunch of upside; He was rated as the top punter in the draft by many teams and draft sites. He apparently can kick with a lot of power, while Richardson has more of a finese game with an ability to pin you inside the 20 (didn't see him do much of it last year though). So far Richardson has a bit of an edge on Kyle, but I've been hoping for Larson to start living up to his reputation a bit more, and push Richardson for the job. I'll also keep a close eye on our Rookie D-linemen.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Flux » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:14 am

DUKE wrote:So far Richardson has a bit of an edge on Kyle

You know you were dying to say "leg up" instead of edge :-b

Gracias for the analysis, ill more than understand if you cant get it to tomorrow, i may be able to actually read it until then depending on my consumption number for the SEA v GB being shown
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:44 am

ok, DUKE is my hero. For all you Columbus dwellers, the game is on, on WWHO 53. Dont believe your interactive channel guide if you have Time Warner ;-D
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby FeArMeNtL » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:27 pm

Columbus is terrible. I live in Cincinnati and its great because I will be getting the game Yay :-b
[img]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/mercerboy3/fearmesig.jpg [img]
The tandem of Chad Johnson and Rudi Johnson, plus a new defense,Marvin Lewis,Palmer=Dynasty
FeArMeNtL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Flux » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:50 pm

TJ Houzmenblahblahidroptheball looked pretty bad tonight. Dropped the ball on the Palmer INT, which was not at all Palmers fault and couldnt keep his feet in on a relatively routine catch from Kitna.

Rudi looked pretty good on his first few runs, and the o-line got some good push.

Perry looks a lot thicker in his legs than I remember. Looked very smooth catching the ball, but that questionable fumble doesnt look good

CJ was CJ - very nice

Palmer didnt have the best stats, but he really didnt mess up. The INT was not at all his fault, and he made some pretty decent throws. He also held on to the ball when he got drilled by 2 TB rushers.

K. Washinton looked pretty darn good replacing Warrick. He would have scored on that 41 yarder if Palmer would have lead him. I think he is the 2nd best WR on our team. Not to hate on Warrick, but Washington has the tools to be something great.

Our run D looked improved, but we still gave up too many pass plays.

-----------------------------------

Super rant

there is a ton of talk on ESPN and wherever else that Simms looked MUCH better than Palmer. Im just thinking to myself, wow, Simms looked good against the 2nd and 3rd string D, where Palmer did well against one of the best D's in the league. Like I said that INT was not his fault. He looked a little hurried at times, and over threw some people, but didnt really make any mistakes.

(im throwing a disclairmer up here - i had some beers and am really pissed about all this Simms talk)
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby DUKE » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:28 am

Ok; Grabbed a nice 6er of Bass; Watched the game. Flux, you covered well, as you beat me to the beat. I think Palmer looked very good. His on the run throws and confidence in the pocket makes me feel better after watching him. I think he's gonna be just fine. Like Flux said; the int was not his fault at all. TJ tried to play volleyball with it when it approached his hands. TJ looked like absolute ###t. He screwed us out of a TD, and was the reason why Palmer left with an int on his stats. Rudi looked like a human bowling ball. I'm not worried about him a bit. Despite the fumble, I'm excited about Perry. I was happy that Marvin put him in as early as he did, despite his limited practice time. Perry will catch some passes this year; he looks smooth catching out of the backfield. Nate Webster will be a steal in IDP leagues. He racked up mass tackles in the short time he was out there...I already love that pickup.They seemed to pick on Tory James. He was our best DB last year and is supposed to be much more healthy this season..didn't look that way to me. Deltha Oneil looked awesome on coverage, though his punt return was ugly as hell. I was VERY impressed with Calib Miller..He seemed to be all over the field..Kelly Washington looked solid; he went over the middle and showed that he's not afraid of contact a few times, which was something I was hoping to see. Stacey Andrews will be a star OL within the next 3 years. He is an absolute monster! The comentary was absolutely horrid. Keils continuosly called out the wrong names. The defensive linemen are obviously a concern. I didn't see Thornton make 1 tackle, and Williams didn't do much either. All in all though, I feel pretty good about the team . We are very young, and I see a lot of upside and improvements by the time the regular season roles around.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Flux » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:06 am

The Bengals appeared to suffer one serious injury Monday night. Punter Kyle Richardson said in the locker room that he tore a biceps muscle and that it would likely require surgery.

The Bengals had no official comment on Richardson's or any other injuries.

http://bengals.enquirer.com/2004/08/17/ben1a.html

Looks like Richardson is out of the punter race you were talking about DUKE.

That link also has a write-up of the game
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Turnip » Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:12 pm

Flux wrote:
The Bengals appeared to suffer one serious injury Monday night. Punter Kyle Richardson said in the locker room that he tore a biceps muscle and that it would likely require surgery.

The Bengals had no official comment on Richardson's or any other injuries.

http://bengals.enquirer.com/2004/08/17/ben1a.html

Looks like Richardson is out of the punter race you were talking about DUKE.

That link also has a write-up of the game

Ouch..looks like Larson or Eddie Johnson will be the punter...if Eddie is even still on the squad.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:15 pm

I was hoping for Larson to win the job, but not by injury 8-o
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager