Deion Sanders coming back?! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Deion Sanders coming back?!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:53 pm

Johnny Unitas wrote:Some of the local sports talk here in Baltimore.....say Raven sources(Not sure who they are)are saying this is gonna happen!!!

Deion is good friends with Ray Lewis & Cory Fuller and has been doing the Ray Lewis off-season regiment along with Jamal Lewis & several other un-named NFL players(not Ravens) all along and When Ravens off-season pick-up Dale Carter was lost for season with injury in mini-camps Ray Lewis started wooing Deion to take his spot!!!

I just saw this on Foxsports outta Ghettomore and Billick all but said that Deion is there and they are just waiting for his decision on when he's ready to go.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby zombiez » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:01 pm

The man that made turf toe famous......is welcomed to the AFC North....... ;-D
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:05 pm

Deion is good friends with Ray Lewis & Cory Fuller and has been doing the Ray Lewis off-season regiment along with Jamal Lewis...

The 3 biggest cons on the Jailbirds.

Deion has also been chillin with Randy McMichael and Ricky Williams this offseason, and regularly visits Rae Carruth.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:10 pm

If the Ravens pick up Deion this year, I would be tempted to draft the Ravens Defense VERY early. Deion may no longer be the definition of the "shutdown corner" but he is easily a starter in this league. The Raven's are already going to be forcing 3rd and long.... I'm not seeing too many holes in that coverage.

Typical Raven's defensive series:

1st and 10: run up the middle for 1 yard gain.
2nd and 9: pass incomplete.
3rd and 9: pass downfield, defended by Mcallister/Reed/Sanders
4th and 9: camera pans to sideline where opposing coach sits down on the bench cradling head in hands; punt
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:02 am

Deion was in Madden '04 because two years ago he tried to come back with the Raiders who were Superbowl bound, but the Chargers claimed him off waivers just to screw with him and not let the Radiers get him.
New York Yankees: 2005 Offseason
Dallas Cowboys: 5-8
PrimeTime(baseball): FB Champion
PrimeTime (football): 10-4
ajgnydc722
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MadScott » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:45 am

I heard a report on ESPN radio today that says he is not planning on joining the Ravens this season, yet he still is working with that personal trainer. Hmmm, the plot thickens.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Trap » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:25 am

Hey. Anything that gets Deion out of broadcasting or actually speaking about football for more than a clip is a good thing.
Trap
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dihall » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:47 am

I just have to respond to this one!! I tried earlier and the site wasn't working. What the %$## are you guys thinking??!! :-P I can't believe that you guys think Deion "Oh my toe" Sanders would be a good addition to any defense after being out for multiple years and leaving with the lingering "Toe" issue. Don't you remember his last season before retiring??!! Don't you remember Chris Carter's attempt at a comeback? I was stupid enough to pick him up when he did that and it was a giant waste of a roster spot. I'm sure Deion has plenty of money, unless he has spent it all on his ugly clothes, he doesn't need to spoil a good Sunday afternoon with his presence. I really didn't mind him as a commentator, but since he blew that one, I guess he wants us to continue to see his face no matter how embarrassing it will be for him. I hope, personally, that if he comes back, he get his block knocked off! He is just one giant a-hole and I don't think it is fair just because he used to be good that he get preference above players who have been working hard to earn a spot since he has been gone. Whew!! :-° I feel better now. Just my humble opinion. I feel sorry for all of you boys who choose to waste a roster spot on him if he does come available. My prediction is that he will be gone by the end of the year if he does sign and they SHOULD pay him the absolute minimum and not waste money on a "has been". Good luck if you choose to pick him up, you'll need it!
Last edited by dihall on Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Don't ever underestimate the girls!!

Let's go DAWGS!!
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby moochman » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:58 am

Now tell us how you really feel, dihall!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby dihall » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:00 am

Can you tell that I have very strong opinions about Deion? :-b
Don't ever underestimate the girls!!

Let's go DAWGS!!
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk