RB shakeup - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

RB shakeup

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:41 am

I think any of those rankings could turn out to be correct. Anyone who talks in absolutes is crazy. Things change in a hurry in this league so there's no reason SA couldn't wind up being #1.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BuckyGator » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:27 am

Very true - I think an argument can be made for any one of the top six. I won't be surprised to see them end up in any order this year. But having said that, if I had the first or second pick, there is no way I pass on Priest or LT2. With that draft pick, I think you have to minimalize the risk of being wrong. The evidence very clearly favors those two - with the top pick I wouldn't feel confident on my gut feeling that i THINK someone like Alexander is going to be the best back. Priest and LT2 ARE the top two. The same exact arguments were used pre-season last year about Priest getting old and being injured, and the Chargers being too bad for LT2 to put up numbers. How did that work out? Pretty well for those of us that had pick number 4 or 5 and watched in delight as LT2 got passed over.
QB: Warner, Brees
RB: SJax, Dunn, Gore, Barlow, Maroney
WR: Steve Smith, Driver, Walker, Reg. Brown, Williamson, Wilford
TE: Winslow
K: Wilkins
D: Cincy
D: Matchups
BuckyGator
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby josebach » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:51 pm

BuckyGator wrote:Very true - I think an argument can be made for any one of the top six. I won't be surprised to see them end up in any order this year.

Top 6? Try the top 8. I can't believe nobody is talking about Jamal Lewis. How can you not include a guy that's one year removed from a 2,000 yard season? Granted, he has legal trouble, but the odds are quite good the trial will be postponed until after the season. Even if it's not postponed, do you honestly think the Ravens will sit Jamal if he's capable of playing?

And what about Edge? In the last 8 games of last season, he ran for 1000 yards and 10 touchdowns. Double that output and you're potentially looking at the number 1 back.

In my opinion, it's impossible to predict (with any degree of certainty) which of the top 8 backs will have the best year.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Previous

Return to Football Talk