McGahee Preseason - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

McGahee Preseason

Moderator: Football Moderators

McGahee Preseason

Postby BigMusky » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:31 pm

I am getting the impression that he is playing too well and too much of a fan favorite to leave on the bench during the regular season. I was a big fan of Henry coming into this season and thought that he was a steal with the McGahee hype....but maybe it is not hype after all. What do you guys think of him so far this preason and the affects on Henry's value?
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:34 pm

Sounds like he is a real threat to Henry's work load. This is not good news, from a FF perspective.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BigMusky » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:36 pm

I guess I should ask how much these preseason games matter? I remember the Bears had some kid making spectacular plays last year in the preseason and still could not make the team as a WR.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:40 pm

If all coaches went on was pre-season stats, every year teams would start with their 3rd and 4th stringers on the field and bench their vets.

I hear that Losman killed tore it up in the pre-season game last night though.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby DUKE » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:46 pm

Thank you Ghidra.
Lets keep in mind that while Henry was in there, he was running against a very good 1st team Denver D-line, who was showing 8 man fronts, and had No holes to run through. Not to take away from a positive first impression, considering how much he's having to come back from, but Mcgahee was running against the second team D-line, and had nice holes to run through. I didn't see him try to make any cuts, or use his extra acceleration that he showed in Miami, but that's to be expected on his first test of the knee in game action. This kind of stuff could drop Henry in some drafts and could make him an even better value.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby CC » Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:55 pm

KingGhidra wrote:If all coaches went on was pre-season stats, every year teams would start with their 3rd and 4th stringers on the field and bench their vets.

I hear that Losman killed tore it up in the pre-season game last night though.

Yea Losman was 5/5 for a good few yards, and he also had 3 carries for 39 yards.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk