Hey Bills fan(s), how's your Henry hanging? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hey Bills fan(s), how's your Henry hanging?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Hey Bills fan(s), how's your Henry hanging?

Postby moochman » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:32 pm

I have yet to see anything in the print media but I've heard on the radio that Travis Henry is asking to be traded if he is going to have to share time with MaGahee. Sounds as if he is getting worried about the progress that MaGahee is making. Has anyone else heard about this? I was hoping to grab Henry as a late second rounder, but I don't know if I'll even touch him. What is the word out of Buffalo?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bungle613 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:48 pm

It was in USA Today last week. Henry said that if he is NOT the #1 rb he thinks 31 other teams would love to have him on there team.

The situation is odd. I listen to a Buff radio station everyday and half the guys think a trade is in the immediate future (before the season) the other half feel that Henry will be the starter all year with McGahee playing a situational role. Nobody believes Henry will be a Bill next year.

Donohoe was quoted last week... " nobody has contacted us yet about a rb but things change"

Then Mularkey (sp?) was quoted saying... Q: Is Henry your #1 back A: Yes, Henry is the #1 back Q: Does Willis have a chance to supplant Henry? A: Not right now, he hasn't even played a down of NFL football.

Not exact quotes but the feeling I got was that as of right now they will listen to offers but it would have to be a pretty big offer. If not... 2 backs all year, showcasing Henry for the deal in the offseason.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Xtreme » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:12 pm

Hey Mooch,
The word in Buffalo is that Henry will be fine this season. McGahee has looked "good" in camp and the first preseason game, but I continue to hear the word "tentative" associated with him. There not saying much about his chances of taking carries, but many of the Buffalo sports writers expect that Henry will get the majority of the carries (including goal-line), and McGahee will be used as a change of pace, possibly third-down, and in a two-back formation. Again, this is what I'm hearing, not what I'm believing.

My personal opinion is to avoid this situtation like the plague.
Hope this helps.
HIR? viewtopic.php?t=507654#p3396000

Beware the Buffalion!
Xtreme
Head Coach
Head Coach

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby PSU All Day » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:28 pm

I can't remember where I read it (philly inquirer I think) but McGahee himself said that he was still tentative out there.

McGahee is the future Henry is the now. I will take Henry in a minute. He is going to be huge again. Of course I will also take a real strong #3 and 4.
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Warpigs » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:33 pm

Personally, I'm hoping Henry is traded and traded soon to Miami. No one believes Minor is the future of this organization. No one expects him to handle the pressure of playing a full game, not to mention a full season, as the primary back. Henry going to Miami would be huge in that it would free up two backs -- both Henry and McGahee -- into sure-fire fantasy contributors.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby DUKE » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:41 pm

Warpigs wrote:Personally, I'm hoping Henry is traded and traded soon to Miami. No one believes Minor is the future of this organization. No one expects him to handle the pressure of playing a full game, not to mention a full season, as the primary back. Henry going to Miami would be huge in that it would free up two backs -- both Henry and McGahee -- into sure-fire fantasy contributors.

I don't see any way Buffalo trades Henry to a divisional rival (Miami). As I said in the other Mcgahee/Henry thread; Henry ran against a good Denver D line who were using 8 man fronts. He had NO holes to run through in those carries. Mcgahee ran against the second team Denver D and had holes to run through. Stuff like this could drop Henry a bit in drafts and make him an even better value. The chances are Very slim that Henry gets traded "this season."
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Warpigs » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:44 pm

DUKE wrote:
Warpigs wrote:Personally, I'm hoping Henry is traded and traded soon to Miami. No one believes Minor is the future of this organization. No one expects him to handle the pressure of playing a full game, not to mention a full season, as the primary back. Henry going to Miami would be huge in that it would free up two backs -- both Henry and McGahee -- into sure-fire fantasy contributors.

I don't see any way Buffalo trades Henry to a divisional rival (Miami). As I said in the other Mcgahee/Henry thread; Henry ran against a good Denver D line who were using 8 man fronts. He had NO holes to run through in those carries. Mcgahee ran against the second team Denver D and had holes to run through. Stuff like this could drop Henry a bit in drafts and make him an even better value. The chances are Very slim that Henry gets traded "this season."

I know and I agree with you. The chances that he gets dealt are small -- and for him to be traded to a division rival is even more unlikely -- just stating that I'd like to see one of the NFL's RBBC situations broken up before the season starts -- although it isn't gonna happen.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter

Postby Xtreme » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:45 pm

Buffalo will only deal Henry to Miami for Ogunleye and a first rounder, not either, but both. My guess is they're purposely making it too unrealistic for Miami to have interest. Don't expect either RB to be traded this season, especially to Miami.

Beware the Buffalion!
Xtreme
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Xtreme » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:48 pm

Warpigs wrote:I know and I agree with you. The chances that he gets dealt are small -- and for him to be traded to a division rival is even more unlikely -- just stating that I'd like to see one of the NFL's RBBC situations broken up before the season starts -- although it isn't gonna happen.

Pardon my redundancy, I was posting at the same time you were.

Beware the Buffalion!
Xtreme
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Warpigs » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:50 pm

Xtreme wrote:
Warpigs wrote:I know and I agree with you. The chances that he gets dealt are small -- and for him to be traded to a division rival is even more unlikely -- just stating that I'd like to see one of the NFL's RBBC situations broken up before the season starts -- although it isn't gonna happen.

Pardon my redundancy, I was posting at the same time you were.

No problem! I don't want to anger your gorilla! :-o ;-D
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter

Next

Return to Football Talk