Hey Bills fan(s), how's your Henry hanging? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hey Bills fan(s), how's your Henry hanging?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Azrael » Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:58 pm

I'm not sure what to think anymore. I thought there was no way they would keep McGahee off the field but now I'm thinking maybe they will use him in limited action this year just to make sure he's completely recovered (in Jan. it will be 2 years since his injury).

I think maybe Henry is used the 85% of the time but I think the Bills will use Willis to spell Henry and I think they will also come up with certain "sets" they will use with McGahee and Henry on the field at the same time to exploit matchups.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby hawksfan896 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:21 pm

All the info I've heard is in the above posts, but Henry's attitude sheds a little light on why Buffalo chose to draft another RB huh?
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:25 pm

All I can say is....@%#^%##*% McGahee.....Henry was supposed to be my #2 guy this year,was gonna come in and destroy peoples teams for me....now I'm afraid to touch the guy before getting 2 other backs.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:25 pm

hawksfan896 wrote:All the info I've heard is in the above posts, but Henry's attitude sheds a little light on why Buffalo chose to draft another RB huh?

Well, what top RB wouldn't be PO'ed if their team drafted another guy (even if it were for value alone)? These guys are competitive, and if they haven't been doing anything wrong, they start to wonder about the organization when they bring in more players to undermine his position. QB's are the same way when they get benched due to injury and good play from another player. They may say one thing, but you know they think another. I think all the media attention on the subject is starting to wear on Henry.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:28 pm

Henrys right. I think there are many teams that would want his services. If he feels that the Bills dont think he is good enough for them, then he'll go to a place where he can contribute.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby hawksfan896 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:41 pm

That wasn't my point, I certainly agree when a guy goes down because of injury the job should be his to lose, and there's nothing wrong with competitiveness, but what's wrong with letting your play do the talking? If Henry is so much more deserving, then just prove it on the field. As a coach I would hate having a guy around that starts bitching about not wanting to play just because you drafted the best available player potentially. This cannot be a good locker room situation. Just showing his immaturity and greed in my book.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:51 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Henrys right. I think there are many teams that would want his services. If he feels that the Bills dont think he is good enough for them, then he'll go to a place where he can contribute.

You notice you haven't heard a peep out of A-Train being demoted being Jones.Maybe that's because he really does suck.Henry on the other hand is gutty and tough and can get you every yard you need,so I agree,he should bitch.If your company brought in a guy to do your job it would be a little upsetting wouldn't it?Unless of course you(saying any you in general,not you 34)are one of those lazy types that would say,sure,come do my work while I sit and watch.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:55 pm

He hasnt proved it yet? So 3306 total yards and 25 touchdowns in 2 years doesn't cut it anymore? I guess so since McGahee has shown so much in the NFL so far. ;-7 This is like the Nomar thing; they slapped him in the face and said you aren't good enough by picking McGahee. He has already proved himself the past 2 years and he has all the right to be pissed because they won't give him the chance to do it again.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby damnsam » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:05 pm

This is starting to remind me of a few years ago, anyone remember Flutie vs. Johnson? I don't know what it is like in other cities but the Buffalo sports radio station has a way of turning these types of situations into bigger issues than they really are. Unless Henry redevelops his fumbleitis I think he is safe as the number 1 guy. (By the way, I still proudly wear my Flutie jersey!)
damnsam
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby JohnnyTitan » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:16 pm

hawksfan896 wrote:All the info I've heard is in the above posts, but Henry's attitude sheds a little light on why Buffalo chose to draft another RB huh?

I don't believe that at all. He didn't have an attitude to talk about until BUF drafted his replacement when they had other needs. He's already one of the most underated HBs in the league, then they draft a broken replacement when they could have used that 1st rd pick somewhere they had an immediate need.
JohnnyTitan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk