Hey Bills fan(s), how's your Henry hanging? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hey Bills fan(s), how's your Henry hanging?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Budman_ffc » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:34 pm

Looking at Henry's stats from the last 2 years, I'd be a bit pissed off too! He has done everything that could be asked and with a fractured leg no less. He gave it up for his team big time and this is what he gets. I'd feel a bit unappreciated as well!

By the way, just read that the Bills feel that Willis is still a year away from being ready to go as a full time back and that Henry will be the primary back this year. Looks like Travis has the chance to show it off for next years inevitable trade!
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby hawksfan896 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:37 pm

JohnnyTitan wrote:
hawksfan896 wrote:All the info I've heard is in the above posts, but Henry's attitude sheds a little light on why Buffalo chose to draft another RB huh?

I don't believe that at all. He didn't have an attitude to talk about until BUF drafted his replacement when they had other needs. He's already one of the most underated HBs in the league, then they draft a broken replacement when they could have used that 1st rd pick somewhere they had an immediate need.

That's my point. I don't personally know Travis Henry or any of the BUF coaching staff, but is it completely unreasonable to think the staff thought he was an asshole and a potential virus to the team and decided to steal a talent later in the draft than he would have fallen if healthy? I realize this is unlikely, but there's 100 examples a year in all sports of teams just not meshing and not winning because of it. Maybe someone in BUF decided to just take a flier and try to ship Henry if Willis worked out. Seattle did it with Ricky Watters/Shaun Alexander (albeit the injury to Ricky put SA in the starting role...but it was one of those "are you sure you feel 100%? Take another week off if you need it" things). Just throwing out ideas here, I thought it was kind of weird when they drafted Henry considering his injury, their cold weather, astroturf and stud RB. And like I said, I don't know Henry, have no idea what he's like, I'm just going off his recent quotes about wanting to be shipped if he's not the HMFIC.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby IRON CHEF » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:42 pm

From CC's PFW whispers

By now, everyone has heard about RB Willis McGahee’s four-TD performance in a controlled scrimmage vs. the Browns. But we hear that Bills’ insiders believe the best indicator that McGahee is almost all the way back from the horrific knee injury he suffered in January 2003 is the fact that he is making instinctive cuts in the hole on running plays in practice. The Bills still believe he is a year away from being back to his old self.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DUKE » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:57 pm

IRON CHEF wrote:From CC's PFW whispers

By now, everyone has heard about RB Willis McGahee’s four-TD performance in a controlled scrimmage vs. the Browns. But we hear that Bills’ insiders believe the best indicator that McGahee is almost all the way back from the horrific knee injury he suffered in January 2003 is the fact that he is making instinctive cuts in the hole on running plays in practice. The Bills still believe he is a year away from being back to his old self.

thank you..people are overreacting at Mcgahee's performance...not to say that he's not going to be solid, but lets at least see him run against some competition and test the knee a bit more...sheesh..people are putting way too much stock into this.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Franchise Fan » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:42 am

Henry is right. But I dont think he is saying this to the media in order to be traded. I also dont think this will end in a trade. Buffalo can not risk Willis as the number one back with unformitable backups. Are we saying that Willis wont get injured? In order for them to trade Henry to anyone, let alone Miami, they would have to get a RB off FA or from the trade. I know that no team in the NFL if they had Ken Simonton as their third RB would want to lose Henry and risk there season on McGahee.

"If it comes to that, and they want to go in that direction, yeah, I would want to go elsewhere."
-- RB Travis Henry, in the Aug. 13 edition of USA Today, on wanting a trade if he is supplanted by Willis McGahee as the Bills' featured running back.

IMO this statement is just Henrys way of saying what many recievers in the NFL say in different ways. Give me the ball. I think Henry is just putting his foot down and showing that its his field, willis just plays on it. I say Henry(barring injury) starts all 16 games, and ranks top 15 RB (in the 10-15 area)
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicGraphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:46 am

Henry wont even miss a game to injury, short of like amputation, because he is such a baller. This is a guy who missed only 1 game to a broken bone in his leg. I think Henry is going to have another nice year.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk