More on Fitzgerald's Injury - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

More on Fitzgerald's Injury

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby hawksfan896 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:51 pm

I agree with bonez, you can't compare the treatment/rehab these guys get. Also, he was walking around after the game apparantly (haven't heard specifically...but it sounds like it because of the walking boot). I've also suffered a severe sprain, but mine was high on the ankle. It happened during a basketball game and I finished the game, but about 20 mins after, once I cooled down it swole to ridiculous porportions and I couldn't put any weight on it at all. The next morning I still couldn't put weight on it and had to literally hop on one leg from my car to the emergency room. My X-rays were also negative, but I had torn 3 ligaments running from ankle to foot. If Fitz was walking this doesn't sound like the case, regardless of the treatment he received. In my incredibly novice medical opinion this sounds more like a take it easy for a couple of weeks sprain than a you're going to be on crutches till Christmas and I hope you like vicodin sprain. I hope.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:57 pm

Well it depends if its a high ankle sprain or a lateral one. Also, bagobonez, there is no special treatment for a sprained ankle. All you can do is rest it, ice it to keep the swelling down, and either use a boot or tape it up for support.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Flux » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:15 pm

everyone heals differently, and the word severe actually is kind of vague. Yes it means bad, but ive had my ankle swell up like a balloon one day and a day or 2 later was able to run on it at 85% and it was fine a couple days after that.

If he didnt break, tear, stretch or pull anything, he should be good to go by the 1st game, but the problem is, we dont know the true diagnosis
Last edited by Flux on Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:16 pm

VHawk15 wrote:Bryant Johnson for garbage time, anyone?
Exactly my thoughts. I was thinking about him anyways just because of the Bolden injury, but now he's got to be creeping up.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:17 pm

MadScott wrote:
Exactly my thoughts. I was thinking about him anyways just because of the Bolden injury, but now he's got to be creeping up.

He has a stress fracture in his foot.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:19 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
MadScott wrote:

Cheese,

You mean Bryant Johnson has a stress fracture?
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby hawksfan896 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:24 pm

Yep. He's playing through it, but not at 100%. Talk about an unlucky team.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby CC » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:26 pm

Azrael wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
MadScott wrote:

Cheese,

You mean Bryant Johnson has a stress fracture?

Heh, smooth Cheese, real smooth.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:51 pm

Here's some of the latest blurbs on Johnson. If I remember correctly, he's still going to be back for the season opener.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk