Shaun Alexander Goals? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Shaun Alexander Goals?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Shaun Alexander Goals?

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:31 pm

I am watching the GB/SEA preseason game on ESPN...Joe Theisman (if you want to believe anything he says) stated that the Seahawks coaches want Alexander to have 60 catches, rush for 1700 yards, and have 20 combined TD's. With those numbers, it sounds like they want to use him a ton.

Obviously this statement doesn't warrant him a jump over Priest or LT, but maybe he would give Green or Deuce a run at #3? Talk from coaches is cheap, but further discussion could be fun! :-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:33 pm

Talk from Theismann is even cheaper.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BGbootha » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:41 pm

I really like SA this year. I do believe that they will look to him more than they even have in the past. Partially because they should play with the lead quite a bit warranting more running than the past.

of course i will be the first to admit i might be a little homer on this one though.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:43 pm

Look out GBFFL!
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

response

Postby bruuno2 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:43 pm

I hope he has an awesome year!!!!!!!!I took him with my 6th pic in the draft! ;-D
Dan Marino......Greatest QB of all time!You sure did own Canton!
bruuno2
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Mack Strong?

Postby tds04 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:43 pm

How'd you guys like seeing Holmgren dial in Mack Strong's number for the short TD plunge? I won't have a chance to draft Alexander in my 10 team league but maybe that's a good thing!
tds04
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: Mack Strong?

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:57 pm

tds04 wrote:How'd you guys like seeing Holmgren dial in Mack Strong's number for the short TD plunge? I won't have a chance to draft Alexander in my 10 team league but maybe that's a good thing!

Don't kid yourself, Strong has never and will hardly ever see any goalline carries in the regular season. I think he might have had one TD last season against San Francisco, and since that game was nationally televised, people starting falsly believing that Mack Strong was going to get goalline carries from Alexander.

As for the 60 receptions, 1700 yards, and 20 TD's comment, it's definitely not bad news. Also, it's incredibly reachable if Holgrem will just give Shaun the amount of carries that other stud RB's get and the number of carries he deserves.

And by the way, these announcers are the biggest Favre ass-kissers I've heard in awhile. I loved it when that one announcer was talking about how it wasn't pass interference when Seneca threw that INT. ;-)

Oh, and the Seattle first team offense looked solid. If only Jeremy Stevens would step it up in the regular season like he did in those first couple of drives. That guy is huge.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby BGbootha » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:26 pm

yeah i think stevens could be great if he just got his head out of his A$$ off the feild. he has the talent and the ability. just hasn't been willing to put in the work.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby fantasizing » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:33 pm

VHawk15 wrote:
tds04 wrote:If only Jeremy Stevens would step it up in the regular season like he did in those first couple of drives. That guy is huge.

imagine that, yet another weapon on that potent Hawks offence.
If he can become a J. Shockey or T. Gonzalez type threat, then nobody will be able to stop this offence. My god.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bagobonez » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:59 pm

VHawk15 wrote:And by the way, these announcers are the biggest Favre ass-kissers I've heard in awhile. I loved it when that one announcer was talking about how it wasn't pass interference when Seneca threw that INT. ;-)

The entire media has been a bunch of Favre ass kissers his whole career. Favre can do no wrong, it doesn't matter if he's throwing 25 interceptions a year, they still say he's the best QB in the league every single year. The year that they gave him co-MVP along with Barry Sanders was just a joke.

The only person's ass that the media kisses more than Favre's would have to be McNabb and the Eagles'. McNabb's career QB rating is like 79.0 yet they say he's the second coming of Jesus Christ Himself, I swear.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk