Shaun Alexander Goals? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Shaun Alexander Goals?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby hawksfan896 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:05 pm

bgbootha wrote:yeah i think stevens could be great if he just got his head out of his A$$ off the feild. he has the talent and the ability. just hasn't been willing to put in the work.

It's nice to see Jerramy using his cop fighting skills on defenses for a change. Do you guys think Holmgren will run all those 2 TE sets during the season or was that just a "vanilla" preseason offense? I've always thought Mili was a better blocking TE than receiving...he only puts up any kind of numbers at all because of the 1 yd. TE pass Seattle has always liked to run at the goal line. If Stevens does develop into a downfield threat, with Mili providing protection...look out. Then you'd have Bobby Engram as a threat on 3rd downs still, and another weapon on normal sets? Big fan of that.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moose_ffc » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:11 pm

Alexander is a bad arse. Take him #3 in your draft and don't look back. If you have the big ones go #2, but even I'm not that crazy. OR am I!!!
"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."
moose_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby hawksfan896 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:15 pm

2 might be pushing it, but I woulda taken him 3 and was stoked about getting him 4. Seahawks offense will be dominant this year. D looked tough too...only blemish with the starters was Trufant's pass interference, but it looked like that saved the TD, so short of playing correct defense it seemed to be the right play.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Re: Mack Strong?

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:17 pm

bagobonez wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:And by the way, these announcers are the biggest Favre ass-kissers I've heard in awhile. I loved it when that one announcer was talking about how it wasn't pass interference when Seneca threw that INT. ;-)

The entire media has been a bunch of Favre ass kissers his whole career. Favre can do no wrong, it doesn't matter if he's throwing 25 interceptions a year, they still say he's the best QB in the league every single year. The year that they gave him co-MVP along with Barry Sanders was just a joke.

The only person's ass that the media kisses more than Favre's would have to be McNabb and the Eagles'. McNabb's career QB rating is like 79.0 yet they say he's the second coming of Jesus Christ Himself, I swear.
Ok Rush Limbaugh. We dont trust any of your opinions when it comes to any team not named Dallas in the NFC East. Also on a side note, do you think there is going to be a lot more good recievers this year because of the new enforcement of the 5 yard rule? Because cornerbacks are going to play way off to try to keep the penalty off them.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Main Event » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:31 am

As far as everyone kissing favre's ass...ill admit its true, but i can see why. He is a very likeable player. He is tough, plays hard, and seems like a nice guy. Dont think im a pack fan either...just a favre fan.

About this subject, i think all the goals they have are attainable except the 60 catches...with wr's like DJ and KO-RO i think Hassleback will be looking downfield to either of those guys...sure alexander will get some check down stuff...but i dont think he will see 60 catches.
Main Event
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Canacuna » Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:36 am

I can barely stand listening to the ESPN broadcasters anymore. They have their loyalties to certain players and make sure they get their point across. I like Brett Favre, but the man-crush all of those guys seem to have on him was a little much, methinks. Same with Michael Vick when he returned from his injury last year. I wound up putting the game on mute after the first quarter.

...and the hiring of Pat Summerall doesn't change my opinion any. The guy used to be my favorite commentator, but he's lost it over the years. He's been making the most stupid slip-ups for the last few years. ...sometimes I've found myself wondering what game he was watching. That was awesome when he called Antonio Freeman "Morgan Freeman". I only watched about a quarter and a half of tonight's game, but what I noticed...

"Darren Jackson with the nine yard reception."
"Favre to Donald Driver... oh wait... no, no I don't think that's Driver..."
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:41 am

Canacuna wrote:...and the hiring of Pat Summerall doesn't change my opinion any. The guy used to be my favorite commentator, but he's lost it over the years. He's been making the most stupid slip-ups for the last few years. ...sometimes I've found myself wondering what game he was watching. That was awesome when he called Antonio Freeman "Morgan Freeman". I only watched about a quarter and a half of tonight's game, but what I noticed...

"Darren Jackson with the nine yard reception."
"Favre to Donald Driver... oh wait... no, no I don't think that's Driver..."

Yeah, he's losing a little bit too much in the brain department...I believe he stated that "Chris Palmer" was making his Bengals' debut last night. But as Bagel told me, he's old so we have to expect it. Still, no one made ESPN hire him!
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Paladyr » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:23 am

Shaun Alexander... king of running up to the line and falling over at the first sign of trouble!!!!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:27 pm

Paladyr wrote:Shaun Alexander... king of running up to the line and falling over at the first sign of trouble!!!!

Finally, someone sees it my way.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheHeat24 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:35 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Paladyr wrote:Shaun Alexander... king of running up to the line and falling over at the first sign of trouble!!!!

Finally, someone sees it my way.

So true if he didnt run behind one of the best lines in football he would be avg...

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk