Hasselbeck or McNair - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hasselbeck or McNair

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mustangs989 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:55 pm

I'll take Hass as he has good WR's and a RB to take pressure off of him.
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby INKcogKNEEdough » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:09 pm

I guess i am definitely in the minority. I would take Mcnair in a heartbeat over Hasselbeck, mostly because of his running ability. I am probably going to get killed for this(judging from the responses so far) but i just dont see Haselbeck putting up the kind of numbers this year that he did last year. He is very high on my 'players who will fall back to earth this year" list. Don't get me wrong, i dont think he will fall off the face of the earth i just think he takes a bit of a step back. About 3500yards,20TD,10 Ints or something like that.

just my opinion as always,

INKcogKNEEdough
"THERE WAS SHRINKAGE!!!!!" - George costanza
INKcogKNEEdough
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby VHawk15 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:19 pm

INKcogKNEEdough wrote:I guess i am definitely in the minority. I would take Mcnair in a heartbeat over Hasselbeck, mostly because of his running ability.

Eh, I'm not too scared of McNair's running ability. He only had about 135 yards rushing last year, and while he continues to get older, his rushing yards will probably go down.

I mean, c'mon, McNair only had about 10 more rushing yards than Hasselbeck did last year.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby fantasizing » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:29 pm

I suppose McNair lunges in for a few rushing touchdowns, but come on, who's he got to pass to other than Mason?
Hass's targets are getting bigger, faster, and stronger, and there might be even more of them this year.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moose_ffc » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:32 pm

McNair gets hurt too much. I would rather have Hasselbeck. If McNair would be healthy most of the year, I would take him hands down. BUT now we don't live in that little fantasy world now do we?
"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."
moose_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby hawksfan896 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:45 pm

I'd take Hasselbeck by a nose, but feel confident with either one. IMO they're both usually overvalued for the spots they get picked in though, you can get similar numbers a few rounds later. McNair's biggest negative is probably his biggest positive though. Yeah, he's always hurt and that drops his numbers, but he also would play with his right arm missing, so you're virtually guaranteed some points every week.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk