Gallery injured - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Gallery injured

Moderator: Football Moderators

Gallery injured

Postby Azrael » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:35 pm

Heard on ESPN half time show Gallery was injured during an afternoon practice. Apparently hurt his elbow pretty bad. Most recent link is below in next post.
Last edited by Azrael on Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JayM09 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:36 pm

NAPA – Offensive lineman Robert Gallery, the Oakland Raiders' top draft pick chosen No. 2 overall, went down with what appeared to be a right elbow injury during Monday afternoon's training camp practice.

Gallery was participating in a half-line blocking drill when he got hurt. He was working with the second team line, but he's expected to be the starting left tackle this season.

Trainers rushed to his side and Gallery yelled in pain, holding his right elbow. He was immediately examined.

Owner Al Davis sought an update from trainers and personnel chief Michael Lombardi after Gallery headed for the locker room.

Gallery didn't start in the Raiders' 33-30 exhibition win over the San Francisco 49ers on Saturday night, but he played with the first team.

http://www.xpertsports.com/news.php4
Submitted on Aug 16, 9:30 pm
By Xpert Sports Staffer Thorolf
[b]cafe leagues
nkl 9-6 #3 seed, runner-up
budbowl 10-5 #3 seed. 3rd place
vxl 11-4 #1 seed, runner-up
gbffl 10-5 #2 seed, lost semis
cafe champs 12-4 #1 seed, runner-up[/b]
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:37 pm

I just saw this too and I was wondering the severity. The way ESPN phrased it, the injury sounded pretty seroius.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby JayM09 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:39 pm

here's another

Raiders | Gallery Injured; Taken for Tests - from http://www.KFFL.com
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 17:50:52 -0700

Associated Press reports Oakland Raiders OT Robert Gallery (elbow) went down in practice Monday, Aug. 16, with what appeared to be a right elbow injury. Trainers rushed to his side and Gallery yelled in pain on the field, holding his right elbow. He was taken for tests immediately.
[b]cafe leagues
nkl 9-6 #3 seed, runner-up
budbowl 10-5 #3 seed. 3rd place
vxl 11-4 #1 seed, runner-up
gbffl 10-5 #2 seed, lost semis
cafe champs 12-4 #1 seed, runner-up[/b]
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:54 pm

Hmmm, still no details on the severity of the injury. :-?

But thanks for the links Jay ;-D

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:13 pm

Gallery hurt his elbow in my franchise in Madden 2005. Eerie, next thing you know Brentson Buckner and John Henderson are going to be on the block and Correll Buckhalter will want more touches.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moose_ffc » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:39 pm

I didn't like the Raiders before this and now I REALLY don't like the Raiders. What a mess. Here is my Top 5 list of 2004 Cursed Teams

5. The Raiders - Old and Older, but then they get rid of Mr. Raider Tim Brown and Gallery goes down. Plus they have some sorry-a$$ RBs.
4. The 49ers - Well they brought this on themselves, but ... No QB, injury prone RB (Barlow), No WR, lose you D coordinator, O coordinator, and Dennis Erickson is the guy who will bail you out? I think things are going to get worse in SF before thay get better.
3. The Browns - Jeff Garcia is your starting QB. The coach is a goob. William Green is a mess, but will probably be the #1 RB. K2 is a HUGE punk. The O-line is b-a-d. Will probably be better than last year, but every time Butch Davis opens his mouth ... I cringe for the Browns fans of the world.
2. The Cardinals - Only Probowler goes down, your best RB goes down, Fitz has aslight tweak "they hope but who knows at this pace". And Emmitt Freaking Smith is your starting RB??
1. The Dolphins - How could they not be #1. Lose your WHOLE OFFENSE, AFTER you draft a back-up QB to be your go to guy? Don't forget Dan Marino washed his hands of this mess before that season even got started.
"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."
moose_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby MadScott » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:17 pm

I saw an update on Sportscenter after the game. MRI came back negative and they said it's just a hyperextension/sprain, he should be out 2-3days tops.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk