If you could pick.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

If you could pick....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:00 am

#2 or #6.

#2 I get LT or Priest pending what the first guy does. Either way, I get value for my pick.

#6 I get whoever falls out of Duece, Alexander, Portis. With the negatives and positives surrounding these guys I don't think any of them is a clear cut #4 or #5, so I'll gladly take whichever one is left and pick earlier in the 2nd.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:16 am

In a snake draft I like the last spot for 2 reasons:

First I get to pick back to back and when I pick in the middle I'm always torn between two diff players and can never decide. Without fail the one that I do not pick is off the board by the time the draft gets back to me again.

Secondly, and most important. I like to make two picks and then have time to go to the bathroom and the kitchen for a snack or a drink before I have to come back to the computer. If I'm picking in the middle I always have to run to the bathroom and inevitably miss at least one pick during a draft. Guess I need to work on my fitness and endurance for my drafts.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Franchise Fan » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:44 am

I would want pick #4 or #5, maybe 6. The way I see it is you can grab two good running backs, (McAllister, Alexander, Portis) in the first, (Taylor, Davis, Dillon, Barlow, etc.) in the second, and a good starting WR in the third ( Ward, Johnson, Coles Etc.) Im talking about a 10 team league now. But I think that is the best strategy.
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicGraphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:47 am

I like 3-6, which gives you a good snake pick and one of the studs.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mnheadliner » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:18 am

Off topic.....I prefer auction drafts much more, and 3 of my 4 leagues are auction. The one that isn't auction style has 3 keepers per each of the 12 teams, so I really don't care there where I draft.

But, in a snake re-draft back in the day I liked having the pick where the last of what I saw as the top RB's (6 this year in my humble opinion) could possibly go....i.e., pick number 6 this year. Then I get a top back and can pick quickly again on the flip side.

Plus, I'm alway in the mix and don't get bored. I have no need to run for drinks or snacks because I can always have a cooler by my side :*)

But seriously, you know how they say don't drive drunk? Well, don't draft drunk. One year a guy in one of my past leagues (auction style) "forgot" that he already had 3 premeir RB's (can only start 2) and drafted one more good one for a good chunk of change. He could only get $1 players after that!

A good....but can be expensive.....strategy is to provide the alcohol and not partake more than say 2 drinks worth. Have the others get sloshed, cause it can only help you out. Of course, I only recommend doing this for $$$ leagues! ;-D
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk