Fantasy Stock Watch - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fantasy Stock Watch

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:01 am

Im going to hold you to that and if Carr puts a decent fantasy season up he'll make you look stupid. Sorry about the garbage time thing, I thought thats what you meant because of Anquan and Ward, whose teams were on the losing end quite a bit.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Franchise Fan » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:03 am

BrutallyHuge wrote: Maybe that was too confusing, so here we go: Carr is a no-talent clown who will not touch any roster in my highly competitive league.

I guess you call it highly competitive, I call it ill-informed.
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicGraphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby aussieboy » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:05 am

Im with FF on this one.

Carr is in for a breakout season.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:06 am

He has definitely progressed much more then Harrington, who has done nothing but spin his wheels in the Detroit mud.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:08 am

Franchise Fan wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote: Maybe that was too confusing, so here we go: Carr is a no-talent clown who will not touch any roster in my highly competitive league.

I guess you call it highly competitive, I call it ill-informed.

Not ill-informed. There are just so many better options out there than David Carr. That Texan team is terrible. Andre Johnson is good, but it's only his 2nd year. What are his other options? Jabar Gaffney? Corey Bradford? Those guys are retreads.

Carr is sittin in the FA pool with Blake, Kerry Collins, Kitna, Brees, Bledsoe, and Kordell. That's the kind of company he belongs in.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Franchise Fan » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:12 am

My question to you then Brute, is who are the 20 QBs that rank above carr to be able to call him a trash backup. Carson Palmer? Eli Manning? Rivers? Testaverde? Rattay? I would love to see your list.
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:17 am

Franchise Fan wrote:My question to you then Brute, is who are the 20 QBs that rank above carr to be able to call him a trash backup. Carson Palmer? Eli Manning? Rivers? Testaverde? Rattay? I would love to see your list.

My list is classified, but none of those guys are above Carr. Heck, 2 of those guys are backups. C-Pepp, Peyton, McNabb, Vick, Hass, Brady, Brooks, McNair, Bulger, Green, Pennington, Garcia, Gannon the Cannon, Delhomme, Donovan, P Manning, Brad Johnson, Saddox, Joe Montana, and Aaron B.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby fantasyfiend » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:21 am

I also enjoyed the read, but i think you made to many bold statements based off one pre season game.

Drop hollings? not yet, capers and his coaching staff is way to big on him to let him go because of some raw mistakes in the first pre-season game. you gotta have patience for the youngsters. i still beleive he'll get worked into the offense with steady regularity, and shake the early fumble troubles.

get rid of eddie? i dont think so. he still has more value then jones right now. Eddie does not look good by any means, he hesitates like if he's favoring an injury, and his big banging body is hambrick like, a 250lb peice of paper. But george is still favored to get majoridy of the touches with a nice change of pace in julius jones. i dont see jones starting untill 2nd half at the earliest.
fantasyfiend
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Franchise Fan » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:24 am

Garcia probably wont last the year in cleveland with that O-line, Gannon is apparently impressing in camp, so ill give you that one, but he is high risk... I now know that your league is ill informed if you think McNabb and Donovan, P Manning and Peyton,and finally Brooks and Aaron B. are all different from eachother. So with three double names and one retired player, that would mean, even if all of the other players listed are better than Carr, that he would rank 16th. Good enough to be a fantasy backup. Nice try tho.
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Franchise Fan » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:26 am

fantasyfiend wrote:get rid of eddie? i dont think so. he still has more value then jones right now. Eddie does not look good by any means, he hesitates like if he's favoring an injury, and his big banging body is hambrick like, a 250lb peice of paper. But george is still favored to get majoridy of the touches with a nice change of pace in julius jones. i dont see jones starting untill 2nd half at the earliest.

Eddie is only favored to get the majority of carries in Jerry Jones' mind. Parcells never wanted him in the first place, and stated that Julius and Eddie will compete for the starting job.
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk