Fantasy Stock Watch - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fantasy Stock Watch

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby fantasyfiend » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:36 am

thats all speculation. Parcells never came out and said he didn't want eddie george....he even went out of his way to squash that by saying eddie still has good rubber on his tires.

you also failed to mention that julius jones played against 3rd string defenses...ofcourse he's gonna look good.

im a huge notre dame and cowboy fan, i love julius jones and his potential to be a good everydown back....but i think some people have him rated a smidge high, he hasn't been consistent in any level in his career so far. i see him getting the starting job, but not untill 'eddie' loses it. that backfield is crowded, and parcells will use a RBBC regardless of whose name is #1 on the depth chart. (jamar martin will be playing alot more FB, since he's the much better run blocker...and richie andersons hands are much to valueable to keep off the field....i see jones and eddie george rotating for 1st and 2nd downs, while anderson is pretty much penned in as a 3rd down back) im hoping julius jones can outshine the rest and become the feature back second half, but i honestly dont see that happening untill '05.
fantasyfiend
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DUKE » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:42 am

BrutallyHuge wrote: Carr is a no-talent clown who will not touch any roster in my highly competitive league.

must be an 8 teamer ;-7 :-D
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:43 am

DUKE wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote: Carr is a no-talent clown who will not touch any roster in my highly competitive league.

No. 20 teamer that starts 2 QBs.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:07 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
DUKE wrote:

A 20 team league starting 2 qb's and Carr won't be on anyones roster? You're making me laugh. Whatever ;-7
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Amazinz » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:11 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
DUKE wrote:

You're pissing into the wind here, Brutal. Is it even possible to have a 20-team league with 2 starting QBs? I am sure someone would start Carr.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mistern » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:28 pm

I think he's being sarcastic about the 20 teamer starting 2 QBs, but nonetheless, I believe Carr can be a viable fantasy backup.
"I hate turkeys. If you stand in the meat section at the grocery store long enough, you start to get mad a turkeys. There's turkey ham, turkey bologna, turkey pastromi,.Some one needs to tell the turkey, man, just be yourself."
-mitch hedberg
mistern
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby MadScott » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:34 pm

I think LT2 is crap. He plays for a crappy team with no WRs or QBs. There, I've given as much backup as you have on your Carr is crap argument BH. ;-7

Good read nonetheless FF! ;-D
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bungle613 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:34 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
Franchise Fan wrote:My question to you then Brute, is who are the 20 QBs that rank above carr to be able to call him a trash backup. Carson Palmer? Eli Manning? Rivers? Testaverde? Rattay? I would love to see your list.

My list is classified, but none of those guys are above Carr. Heck, 2 of those guys are backups. C-Pepp, Peyton, McNabb, Vick, Hass, Brady, Brooks, McNair, Bulger, Green, Pennington, Garcia, Gannon the Cannon, Delhomme, Donovan, P Manning, Brad Johnson, Saddox, Joe Montana, and Aaron B.

Wow, Carr must have run over your dog or something. Carr will be a nice bench player this year and for someone who is garbage, my guess is that he will be top 3 qb for the next 10 years. He is an exceptional talent.

By the way, love the list... Peyton x2, Brooks x2, Donovan x2 and a 20 team league that starts 2 qb's. Stupidest league I have ever heard of... do you start 2 D as well.

If you need to bash on a post, at least back it up.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Franchise Fan » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:51 pm

So Brute, in this competitive league, where no one wants carr.. How did you do last year in it? Did you finish before or after your dog skip?

As you can see, you have no argument here, and i advise you think before posting next time...

As for Eddie George and Julius Jones:
I dont see either being valuble to a fantasy team, however, if you have to start one of them, I think Julius gets the nod. However maybe saying drop Eddie is out of line, and i maybe should have put him in the Falling column, either way I dont see him being a valuble starter or even backup in a 10 or less team league.
Franchise Fan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicGraphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dans » Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:08 pm

If you don't think he should touch a roster this year, please name 24 QBs who will have a better year.
Dans
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk