James, Williams, K. Johnson????? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

James, Williams, K. Johnson?????

Moderator: Football Moderators

James, Williams, K. Johnson?????

Postby dihall » Tue Sep 10, 2002 8:23 am

I have James and Williams for my two starting RBs and was not happy with James performance last weekend (I guess some of you told me so :~( ). I am not sure if I should play James this week since he plays Williams or if that would be good to have my two players playing each other. Any thoughts? I also have Portis, Zereoue, and A. Smith. Also, what happened to Keyshawn? We didn't get the game here, but I saw nothing about him! I need help with my WRs. I have him, D. Jackson, C. Chambers, Shannon Sharpe, Koren Robinson, Byron Chamberlain and D. Bates. I played Johnson, Chambers and Jackson last weekend and got virtually nothing from them. Any thoughts on that as well? Thanks for the help! ;-)
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

James

Postby trentvaughn » Tue Sep 10, 2002 8:29 am

I wouldn't start the Edge because he's facing Miami. He's still a really good runningback. Don't give up on him. He'll have a good season. He's a quality fantasy start almost every week. I just think the Miami D is going to be very good this year. Start Smith, ditch Portis until Shannahan makes up his mind (it may be never).

Trentvaughn
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby kashikis » Tue Sep 10, 2002 12:05 pm

id start william and a. smith this week for your RB

as for your WR the ones you played had bad weeks but are still solid recievers id keep with them just figure if they are all 1000 yard WR then they have 2 or 3 bad games at least all 3 had one bad week together look for them to rebound
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby dihall » Tue Sep 10, 2002 1:40 pm

Thanks for the thoughts! I thought Smith looked pretty good last night myself. Miami looked so good that that is why I question James. I'm not sure if that was real or just the fact that they were playing Detroit. I have two starters from Miami and their D/ST. Hopefully they will look good this weekend. Anyone else want to ring in about James? How about Keyshawn? Never saw him once on anything about the game.
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby dihall » Tue Sep 10, 2002 5:31 pm

Any second thoughts about playing James if my opponent is starting Manning? I know that will be her starter, I don't know if playing him would be good as far as countering any points Manning would make. Any thoughts.....PLEASE!!?? :-)
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

book the edge

Postby jorge » Tue Sep 10, 2002 5:56 pm

you'd be out of your mind to start antwain smith over the edge. no matter who the edge faces he is still better than antwain smith by a mile. go with the edge and williams.
jorge

Friendliness: %

yo

Postby Helm » Tue Sep 10, 2002 7:36 pm

I would start both Williams and James. I don't see any issues with having both your RB's playing against each other. I do agree tho that Miami will be a tough nut for James to crack. Re: A. Smith I would be concered about the fact that NE looks to be going to the air more (as evident by MNF). However that could have just been Billi's way of bypassing the vaunted Pitts def. However I just can't shake the feeling that A. Smith may not see a whole lot of carries.. .even though it will be against the Jets.

H
Helm

Postby Arlo » Tue Sep 10, 2002 8:14 pm

Tough, tough decision. There are a lot of variables in that equation already, but there's one more I'd be interested in: based on the rest of your and your opponent's rosters, do you think you're the favorite or the underdog (or do the teams look equal) heading into this weekend's game?
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

start edge

Postby tommyb » Tue Sep 10, 2002 8:32 pm

the edge will make a statement against the dolphins. game 1 was like preseason for him. he looked great coming off an injury like that and ran for 97 yards without even going at full strength. I dont see him losing a step or two. he will only get better from now on. miami has a tough running defense but i'd start edge over antwain smith anyday.
tommyb

Postby dihall » Tue Sep 10, 2002 8:45 pm

In response to your question Arlo, my opponent played Manning, C. Martin, S. Davis, T. Holt, E. MCaffrey, P. Price, Vanderjagt, and Philly. I see her going pretty much the same way unless she chooses to switch up her D. I don't think it is a particularly difficult matchup. She didn't score very well last week, but that doesn't mean she won't this week. She may change up Martin, but her other RBs aren't all that impressive. It seems to be a toss up about James. Any other thoughts or some on K. Johnson? Thanks! :-)
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk