Travis Minor - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Travis Minor

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:29 am

It seems like the Dolphin's haven't had the faith in Minor to use him as a featured tailback this season(at least by all the rampant trade rumors).

Here's another possible trade scenario that just popped up recently. Looks like the Dolphin's are interested in acquiring James Jackson from the Brown's.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s ... id=1862227

Jackson isn't automatically slotted into the #1 RB role to supplant Minor if he signs, but I think he offers some serious competition for the job. I think Minor is slipping so far on draftboards because a lot of people realize that there is going to be a RBBC in Miami this season. If Jackson is picked up, is Travis Minor still the head of that commitee??
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby fantasy messenger » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:31 am

I have watched Minor and I must say that he is not MAJOR. He will do ok.

I have to add that I am totally bummed out on the MIA O. I will most likely not be adding any Dolphins to my fantasy roster this year.
Always do your homework!
fantasy messenger
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby aussieboy » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:16 am

Well i nabbed him in the 15th round of my local league. So hopefully he ends up being worthwhile trade bait at the very least.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:20 am

15th round is a great pick for Minor, since most starting RBs are gone by then.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SuperFly_ffc » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:56 am

nice pick for a 15th round

I heard that Miami was going for a receiver from the Browns-
Northcutt in Miami looks interesting-
SuperFly_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TheHeat24 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:05 am

mikehunt wrote:I am not 100% on this but didn't Konrad the Fb spend alot of time injured last year. He might not be a super amazing fullback but he is a good bloker. Just thought that I would through that in. Plus I hope it is minor I think he needs a shoot.

MIke

He was hurt last year.. he is a fairly good blocker but coming out of college he was more of an alstott type fullback, he liked to run the ball... I wouldnt be surprised to see konrad get the goalline carries in MIA this year...

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:34 am

34=Sweetness wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:I watched Travis Minor live all the way through college... If you want to get a sense of his style and talent, go dig up a clip of Warrick Dunn in Tampa... The two could be brothers...
Thats not good thing, is it?

If you look at Warrick Dunn's stats through the years, he is always a 1000-1500 yard guy (rushing and receiving), and he almost always gets spelled at the goal line, so he ends with 5-10 total TD's...

Expect the same from Minor... The two are clones of eachother... We always commented on that at FSU... Aside from having the same build and similar rushing styles, they both grew up in Baton Rouge, LA. They knew eachother as kids and Dunn helped to get FSU recruiters to give the guy a look... They went to the same highschool... Obviously they both started at RB at FSU, and they both wore number 28...

In fact, if you don't know the year of the tape you are watching, and you can't see the back of the uniform it is sometimes hard to tell a Warrick Dunn highlight from a Travis Minor highlight...

Anyone with questions about Minor, need only think of Dunn...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk