Biggest make or break at RB and WR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Biggest make or break at RB and WR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Biggest make or break at RB and WR

Postby Vandelay-Ind » Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:51 pm

At RB, Travis Henry. He could be huge at RB (and be a great #2), or he could be replaced midseason by McGahee.

At WR, Peerless Price. W/ a healthy Vick can he repeat his last Bills season (and be a late RD #1 WR), or will he be a bust again.

I think there is endless possibilties for this, but those are my 2 picks.................
Vandelay-Ind
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Payne Dailey » Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:02 pm

At RB I'll go with Qtip, with the way his draft position has soared the last couple of weeks. If he doesn't pan out the owners that drafted him could feel the brunt of that mistake. If he does what everyone is thinking he can do, it should be a major breakout season.

At WR I'll go with TO, if he loses interest and starts going half speed I think McNabb will lose confidence and take it upon himself to spread it around. If he plays like we all know he can, well I think we all know what could happen.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stikmata » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:07 pm

i'll say michael bennet- speed kills... when it plays

and

plaxico burris- cant drop that many TDs 2 years in a row
stikmata
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:11 pm

I'd say the make or break RBs are the selection of risky 2nd rounders. Barlow, S. Davis, Henry. The make or break WRs are Johnson, Owens and possibly Ward.

Barlow needs to prove he can be productive in the passing game and excel against stacked defenses.

Davis and Henry have some young studs to fight off who are a bit overhyped, but there is some credibility.

Johnson may be in for a rough first half with Palmer. He might be someone you can target after a few weeks for a trade if you think Kitna will come back.

Owens for obvious reasons.

I mention Ward because his o-coordinator Mularkey is no longer with the team. I'm curious to see how much that affects the Pitt O in general. Who did they bring in to replace MM?
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mnheadliner » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:06 am

RB: Barlow.....clearly....and if he is a "break" then it ain't his fault. I am strearing clear of him, too many ? marks. Although, he has the talent to succeed this season....against all odds.

WR: Ward......I am not a believer....and just like with Priest going into the draft two years ago and last year also (I know, I know) I still am not a believer. But I believe in the power of the Priest, I have seen the light. Two 20-plus seasons will do that too ya I guess. But something inside tells me.....Ward.....be warry of Ward! :-o

Call me nuts. I don't care. lol
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby ejwild » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:02 am

Marshall Faulk.

nuff said.
It's a great day to play Football.
ejwild
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby aussieboy » Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:46 am

RB- Griffin

WR-Terrell Owens
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Budman_ffc » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:11 am

RB - Lee Suggs is going several rounds higher than Willie G but neither has been handed the starting job yet to my knowledge so that is a bit worrisome:

WR - Javon Walker is going fairly high in drafts, but Farve spreads the ball around so much and there is no "Go to guy" in GB. Walker will do great one week and be non-existent the next. That kind of inconsistency kills!
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:14 am

RB-Griffin, Faulk, Westbrook, James
WR-Owens, Chad Johnson, Moulds, Koren Robinson
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PSU All Day » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:30 am

Portis - He could lead the league in rushing or he could be the guy you wish you hadn't taken over Edge/Lewis/Alexander etc.

D Davis - Can he do it all year? Will the houston defense allow him to actually get the carries he is going to need going so high in drafts?

Owens - Could be huge, or not.

C. Johnson - Will Palmer help or hurt? Is Johnson that good or did he just have one great season?

Bonus Picks-
QB - Pennington - Lots of weapons, can he do it for a full season?

TE - Winslow - Could be the focus of the offense. Could be a rookie that struggles.
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk