Dom Davis at 30th? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dom Davis at 30th?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dom Davis at 30th?

Postby Xtreme » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:31 pm

Greetings all...

I picked up Domanick Davis at pick 30, and I think that was a great pick. Am I overrating him? I think he'll be a top 7 back this year, and I got him after Henry, Horn, Dillon, and Gonzalez were off the board.

Also, as a side question, I ended up heavy on St. Louis players (Bulger, Holt, Wilkins). Obviously I shouldn't have gone so heavy on one team, but the value picks were there. Does anybody have as much faith in the Rams passing game as I do? I think their defense took some hits in the offseason, and they'll be in some shootouts. Anybody agree? Or am I stupid?

Thanks.
HIR? viewtopic.php?t=507654#p3396000

Beware the Buffalion!
Xtreme
Head Coach
Head Coach

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:39 pm

Dominack Davis at #30 is a great pick! He goes around the 13-16th pick in most drafts. Bulger and Holt I am not so sure about this year. The line is decimated, with Turley out and possibly contemplating retirement, Pace holding out and their starting center hurt (cant remember his name, maybe IRON CHEF knows?) I think Bulger will get murdered back there this year if Pace holds out into the season and the line depth isn't very good. That would be bad for Holt also. Bulger has already proven that if he can't get set and throw, hes not going to hit his target and is going to throw INTs.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby jumpman8828 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:41 pm

DD at 30 is an awesome pick, like 34 said, he usually goes in the early to mid second. Good pick-up there ;-D
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Johnny Unitas » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:45 pm

Great Value there....I have him ranked 12th on my RB list, and I hold the top pick in my upcoming draft!!!

I'm hoping he's still there when it comes back to me at pick # 24, to team up with Priest!!!

I personally don't think the Rams offense will be all that this year, certainly not the greatest show on turf anymore....I don't have much faith in Bulger
Johnny Unitas
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby deftdelivery » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:45 pm

Wow, VN pick, X.

I'm liking your luck there ;-D
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby terpfan » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:08 pm

Well you are overating him if you have him as the #7 RB IMO but he is a steal at #30.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby moose_ffc » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:13 pm

30 is a huge value for that guy.
"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."
moose_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:16 am

34=Sweetness wrote:Dominack Davis at #30 is a great pick! He goes around the 13-16th pick in most drafts. Bulger and Holt I am not so sure about this year. The line is decimated, with Turley out and possibly contemplating retirement, Pace holding out and their starting center hurt (cant remember his name, maybe IRON CHEF knows?) I think Bulger will get murdered back there this year if Pace holds out into the season and the line depth isn't very good. That would be bad for Holt also. Bulger has already proven that if he can't get set and throw, hes not going to hit his target and is going to throw INTs.

Well first of all, DD is a great value at 30. ;-D

Moving on, I don't know how well you will trust my opinion, but I don't think the rams passing game is in trouble this year.

The line is certainly having valid o-line problems. Pace is having his annuall holdout, but that should smooth itself out in time. Dave Wohlabough (thats the guy Sweetness), is having hip problems and will be out for awhile, and Turley will be out for about a month. But Martz has been impressed with the performances of the younger o-linemen.

As for Bulger and Holt, I have voiced my opinion on them many times. Bulger now is the uncontested #1 QB, which will allow him to be less pressured and correct his INT problem. Holt has steadily improved every year, and last year he officially became part of the elite class. They have the running talent available to help take the pressure off, and it is hard to deny the chemistry Bulger and Holt have. I don't see why the Rams can't continue to be a powerful passing threat.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:38 am

i wouldnt worry about the st louis players. you start getting into problems if you have two wrs from the same team. i dont like bulger much because of the ints but holt will be great this year. also the DD pick, nice! i thought i stole him at 21.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:56 am

As a different voice - yes, DDavis is overrated. He is in a RBBC with Hollings and wont come close to being a top 10 RB. Pick 30 is about where he should be going.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk