Will there be a wide receiver blow up this year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will there be a wide receiver blow up this year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:11 pm

BigPimpin wrote

BTW - Swiper, nice team bro. gotta love the #1/#2 guys at every single position. can't complain about that.

Grassy-ass man. I have worked hard on this team over the years. Hopefully I can get the title again. It's been 2 years now since I had the trophy in my hands.

Chris Brown at #6 already? Don't think I would put him that high yet.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Johnny Ballgame » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:39 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
Paladyr wrote:i don't know about any of the leagues you guys are in, but when a penalty is called, the yards gained don't go to the receiver. I think that will happen more this year which will suck.
After 1 or 2 weeks, the DBs will realize that they are giving up lots of penalty yardage and are going to start backing off and allowing route runners and speedsters to get open, producing more numbers. It may happen more right at the beginning, but I say that the DBs play off the reciever more because of this, which will mean easier catches and better YAC.

I agree with Sweetness (great name by the way!) in that eventually it will mean more yac and therefore make the receiving position one of the deepest in recent memory. That also means that unless you get one of the big 3 recievers (Moss, Harrison or Holt) then don't bother with receivers for a while because there will be a bunch to choose from who will be productive. Remember the 11th commandment - thou shalt get RB's early.
"You using the whole fist there doc?" - Irwin M. Fletcher
Johnny Ballgame
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MadScott » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:55 am

Plindsey88 wrote:IMO, this new rule, or rather new enforcement of an old rule, means bigger numbers for the smaller, speedster receivers, which in turn slightly lowers the comparative value of the big bodied fight for the reception types... Your T.O.'s are still going to put up the same numbers, but guys like Santana Moss and Steve Smith who make their money off of simply outrunning the coverage will be able to put up the same if not better numbers, early in the season, as your T.O.'s and Andre Johnson's...
;-D I think everyone will get some boost from this but they really may as well call this the Marvin Harrison rule. After the AFC championship game last year it was apparent something was coming. The guys that win at least short term are the small guys that have a tougher time getting off the line at the WR spot. I forsee the DBs having to back off like 34 was saying and giving these little waterbugs the cushion they need to get off the line and start their routes.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:05 am

As a Marvin owner, that rule is fine by me.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby inferno19 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:10 pm

This is even more proof that this years FF season will be more based on luck than any other in the past.
1335 rushing yards, 53 receptions, 441 receiving yards. 18 TDs.
Money in the bank.
inferno19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk