Deuces Wild - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Deuces Wild

Moderator: Football Moderators

Deuces Wild

Postby TheOneManShow 26 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:17 am

Everyone is putting the Saints and Deuce down just for being who they are. Talks of the vikings going to the playoffs are high, but Saints are getting no attention. They are both in similar situations...late season collapses with much potential. And lately I have been hearing stuff about Deuce's knee or coaching abilities, yet he is in a similar situation with SA about coaching moves, yet he will dominate this year. I'm just trying to say that...watch out...Deuce is going to be loose.

Thank You madaslives911
TheOneManShow 26
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:22 am

while your biased views may be subtle, id have to say that you are wrong. lets go over a couple differences
Daunte culpepper vs aaron brooks. 11fumbles by brooks? ouch
joe horn and donte stallworth vs randy moss and marcus robinson. i will agree that new orleans has better dpeth at wr, but you cant argue against randy moss.
ok deuce is better than bennett. but i think the combo of bennett, onterrio and moe will be nearly as effective as deuce.

overall defense- give it to the vikings. id also say the vikings have an easier division. so yes the saints will suprise this year, but no, they will not make the playoffs.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:26 am

Onemanshow, I am liking Deuce more and more everyday. It seems to me that he carries very little risk, and is a great stud back. Knee problems, poor coaching, NO's inconsistency, inability to score- all of these concerns carry little truth IMO. Everyone is having some type of injury problems and Deuce's sore knee is far from serious. I wouldn't say that Deuce would lose significant production at the expense of Haslett. The Saints arent a bad team, and Deuce does have the talent to score. Just take a look at the 02 season. This could be a true career year for Deuce if he puts those 02 TDs together and continues to increase his yardage like he has so far.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:05 am

I have NOR at 10-6 winning the division. That was just a figure off the top of my head, I'm gonna do a full spreadsheet game by game before the season starts.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:11 am

Seriously, how many times are random Saints fan #193483 gonna come on here and proclaim how the Deuce and the Saints get no love yada yada yada the Deuce is loose yada yada yada blah blah blah.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby CC » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:23 am

I like the Saints to take one of the WC spots.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NFLknowitall » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:25 pm

Like Salisbury said "The Saints are the most talented team in the NFC South, they just need to put it together and play with more heart".

He's right, and you know people will over look your team until you prove them wrong and once you prove them wrong then you will have a bullseye on your chest. Tough world, but that is life.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby kamakazi_kal » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:44 pm

does someone need a tissue? come here big guy do you need a hug too.
kamakazi_kal
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jumpman8828 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:19 pm

Huh?
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:01 am

If Deuce was on Seattle and Alexander was on the Saint's, Deuce is the consensus #1 pick this year and Alexander is a 2nd round RB.

The way it stands though, Deuce is in about the worst possible situation for a stud back. Inconsistent leader (Brooks), inconsistent coaching (Haslett), and inconsistent defense... all signs point to mediocrity. I predict another 8-8 finish.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Next

Return to Football Talk