Deuces Wild - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Deuces Wild

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby fantasy messenger » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:07 am

I like the Duece. 1,200 yards and 12 TDs at the minimum.
Always do your homework!
fantasy messenger
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheHeat24 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:17 am

Kensat30 wrote:If Deuce was on Seattle and Alexander was on the Saint's, Deuce is the consensus #1 pick this year and Alexander is a 2nd round RB.

The way it stands though, Deuce is in about the worst possible situation for a stud back. Inconsistent leader (Brooks), inconsistent coaching (Haslett), and inconsistent defense... all signs point to mediocrity. I predict another 8-8 finish.

Im glad you see it my way kensat... SA is a product of the syastem and oline in seattle...

Any ways in response to the original post, the difference between NO and Minnesota is that Minnesota actually upgraded their team through the draft and free agency.... NO's first two draft pick will barely see the field this year... Whereas minni drafted udeze and signed winfield, filling their two biggest problem spots at end and cb... The saints will still be starting ambrose and fred thomas at corner... prolly the third worst pairing in the league behind St. louis and Pitt...

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby MadScott » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:55 am

Free Bagel wrote:Seriously, how many times are random Saints fan #193483 gonna come on here and proclaim how the Deuce and the Saints get no love yada yada yada the Deuce is loose yada yada yada blah blah blah.
Actually it's the same guy bagel, just switching office computers.

On topic, I'm of the KG frame of mind, there's no precedence for anyone getting the yards he did last year and not getting the TDs, I expect big things this year.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Shader » Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:23 am

I disagree about Shawn Alexander completely. He is not a "product of the system". In fact, I think he will thrive once he gets away from Seattle. Let's not act like Seattle has had an explosive offense for three straight years. They were explosive last year, but that's it. Alexander was producing big numbers three years ago.

Actually, I've always felt that Holmgren holds Alexander down. He tried messing with his running style, thereby keeping Alexander from getting the long runs he used to get early in his career, and he has always been kind of hard on Alexander. Holmgren is definetely a big advocate of the passing game, and I think next year Alexander will go to a better offense and take his game to the next level.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby benm3218 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:15 am

NAHHH.........
Shader doesn't know what he's talking about.
Alexander is a dog.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby inferno19 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:03 pm

I dont think the Saints can win their division. Remember, also in the division is Carolina, Tampa, and Atlanta. I figure two of those 4 teams will be competing for the playoffs, and the Saints arent one of 'em.
1335 rushing yards, 53 receptions, 441 receiving yards. 18 TDs.
Money in the bank.
inferno19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk