Not so fast on Lelie... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Not so fast on Lelie...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby hawksfan896 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:31 pm

It very well could be Shannahan silliness, but it has to come from somewhere. A coach wouldn't just say something like that about a guy who has never performed. Underperformed lately, maybe, but I don't see the value of a coach basically berating a young receiver who's never done anything to the media. I think Mike's looking for a replacement. Besides, Lelie sucks.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:36 pm

From all of the training camp reports I've read and all the footage I've seen, Watts has been the superior WR of the two.

I've never been a fan of Lelie, I bypassed the urge to draft this "sleeper" last year and it paid off when he flopped. Every time I watch Lelie I think to myself "what a wonderful world" err I mean..... I think to myself "damn that guy is quick, too bad he can't catch the ball". Honestly, that guy needs to be moved to cornerback.

Don't chalk up all the Darius Watt's hype up to coachspeak, he definitely looks legit. That said, don't expect a standout performance from him yet, he looks pretty inconsistent. Just like almost every other rookie WR entering the NFL. For every spectacular catch he makes in traffic, another ball bounces off his hands on a wide open sideline route.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk