Want the best Run D ever? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Want the best Run D ever?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Want the best Run D ever?

Postby AF » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:28 am

If you want to have the best run D ever know in Madden 2005 it's very simple. Do whatever it takes to get Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher on your team. These guys are just retarded in this game. I'm playing my franchise with the Redskins and in week 5 I went up against the Ravens then went to Chicago for week 6. I had decent running days against each (thanks to a 78 yard run against the Bears) but not when I ran in the direction of these two guys. It seems like they are impossable to block. Had one run play where it looked like Ray Lewis just warped around my FB and nailed Portis as he came through the hole.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:51 pm

But whats the point when Madden run D is allready ridiculously easy (against the CPU).

By the way, has anyone noticed that MLBs get a ridiculous amount of picks in this game? I think Mike Barrow has 7 ints in 15 games in my franchise.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby AF » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:31 pm

Yeah but it's not as bad as last year. If a MLB was playing a zone in the middle of the field there was no way you could complete a pass over the middle in 2004. The MLB would just jump 15 yards in front of the WR and pick it off. At least they don't get them that way in 2005.

It's true though that the Run D is really easy against the CPU but you cannot run at either of those two guys, ever. They never get blocked. Through 7 games on All-Pro with the Redskins I have allowed only 139 yards rushing. My only trades thus far are Brunell to the Chargers for Flutie and the 1st and 5th round picks and Daniels to the Rams for Fisher and a 3rd pick. So I have the same starting 11 on D.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboysguy2000 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:50 pm

terpfan wrote:But whats the point when Madden run D is allready ridiculously easy (against the CPU).

On what difficulty do you play? On all-pro I didn't think it was easy to run, and on all-madden I thought it was damn near impossible...
Cowboysguy2000
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MCG321 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:40 pm

Cowboysguy2000 wrote:
terpfan wrote:But whats the point when Madden run D is allready ridiculously easy (against the CPU).

On what difficulty do you play? On all-pro I didn't think it was easy to run, and on all-madden I thought it was damn near impossible...

He means run D when we are on defense...as in the CPU running the ball.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboysguy2000 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:24 pm

MCG321 wrote:
Cowboysguy2000 wrote:

Ahh... gotcha!
Cowboysguy2000
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jumpman8828 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:35 am

MCG321 wrote:
Cowboysguy2000 wrote:

Yeah...in my franchise I've allowed 102 rushing yards through the first 4 games, although I'm not too good on passing...they always seem to beat my corners deep, and then sprint into the endzone.
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:44 am

I don't have much problems playing defence against the run, and I'm good against the pass b/c I'm awesome with all the defensive shifts before the snap. I can run the ball really well on All-Pro but I am not very good at passing, even with Brett Favre and the 3 Packers WRs being so highly ranked (88, 85, 84). I can never seem to break much more than 210 a game.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:53 am

Yeah I have much more problems against the pass than against the run, but I'm pretty sure I still kept my point against average in single digits for the season on All Pro. I'm also better at running than passing... 2,127 yards for Portis (5.4 average) compared to around 3,300 for Ramsey (and not a great TD-int ratio). I'm not sure whether I should go to All-Madden, I'm worried the passing game would be too hard.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:20 pm

terpfan wrote: I'm not sure whether I should go to All-Madden, I'm worried the passing game would be too hard.

If you can't pass on All-Pro, there is no way you can pass on All-Madden mode.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Next

Return to Video Games