My other owners are nuts... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My other owners are nuts...

Moderator: Football Moderators

My other owners are nuts...

Postby Dub-Dub » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:27 am

Did a comet pass last night? Cause all the other owners are nuts. In a money league, 4th year, these guys were doing the most bizarre things... QBs early (5 in first 2 rounds). Ks way early (8 by the end of the 8th) D's early (one team took Pats D before their first RB!!!)... passing over better WRs for lesser ones. Jumping on every new flash. Someone took Ritchie Anderson over O.Smith and C.Buckhaulter. By the 7th round I stopped tracking picks cause they were so off the wall, there was no way I could predict off of them!

I always thought these guys "got it" but clearly... I've made it to the championship 2 out of the 3 years, but never cashed in... now I am wondering how the hell that is possible.

The funny thing was after the draft most thought I had the best draft... so they KNEW what was correct to do... but just didn't. So odd.

Sorry for the ramble but anyone ever have this... they were never nuts before!
Dub-Dub
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:38 am

My money league is generally worse than the Yahoo pub's that I've participated in. Usually, the first 5 picks go smoothly (top 5 RBs), but then all hell breaks loose. Last year, one guy had the last pick in the first round and first in the 2nd....took TO and Peyton. Then took Rod Smith in the 3rd!

Needless to say, he lost really bad. The winner of the year had a sick draft. Ricky, Jamal, Holt, Coles, etc. I had Shaun, Henry, McNabb, but got beat in the championship (by 2 points) because Henry didn't show up.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dub-Dub » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:47 am

It seemed like everyone wanted to be the one at the end of the season who could look back and say they KNEW or they CALLED so and so breaking out... Leftwich went in the second for example... they missed the point that the same guys could haev been taken many rounds later... creating greater value! The guy who had the 9th pick passed over a top RB who had fallen and took Manning. Not seeing that he probably could have taken the RB and then got Manning with the 16th pick!
Dub-Dub
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cowboysguy2000 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:51 am

same here, my money league owners are dumber than posts. (most of em) One guy took David Bostin in the first round last year! And years ago, when Terrel Davis was ranked the undisputed #1 pick, a guy drafted JAKE PLUMMER with the #1 pick! (That was the year he busted his knee and was never the same again.

As long as they pay their entrance fee every year though, it's fine with me! ;-)
Cowboysguy2000
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JerseyBearsGuy » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:01 am

While we are posting bad draft decisions, a guy in my league 2 years ago took Cam Cleeland in the 3rd round as his "sleeper of the draft". He knew that he told me he wanted him, and thought that I was going to take him, so he took him that early so I could not have him. Oh well....Needless to say, this guy dropped out this year. :-t
A. Luck, M. Vick
A. Morris, S. Ridley, D. Williams, L. Miller, W. Mcgahee
B. Marshall, Julio Jones, S. Smith, S. Johnson, E. Royal, M. Brown
J. Thomas, G. Olsen
D. Bailey
Minnesota
JerseyBearsGuy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Response Team
(Past Year: 173)

Postby Big Pimpin' » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:05 pm

ok, i was just talking to an owner in my keeper league earlier today. it is a 16 team league and we keep 3 guys. he is using one of his keepers for mcgahee. now, granted, we live in buffalo and he really likes him, but come on. i told him that he was going to be taking a huge hit this year and he just doesn't care. i found that pretty funny.
Big Pimpin'
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk