DDavis Injury -- I'm starting to get concerned?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

DDavis Injury -- I'm starting to get concerned??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: DDavis Injury -- I'm starting to get concerned??

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:20 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Apparantly Fanball didnt get the memo. With the news that Hollings will be getting 10-12 carries a game...

Which should mean what? 4-5 fumbles?

Per game.

Exactly...

;-D

pshhh - he'll figure it out - it was one preseason game.

Besides - were talking about DDavis like he's the second coming of Payton or something. Lest I remind you DDavis is the guy whos resume includes 4 good games at the NFL level - against NYJ, IND, CIN, and ATL. Give me a break here.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DaChiefs » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:42 pm

There are several guys with similar upside who are going later. Take one of them.

Like who?[/quote]
DaChiefs Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:43 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Apparantly Fanball didnt get the memo. With the news that Hollings will be getting 10-12 carries a game...

Which should mean what? 4-5 fumbles?

Per game.

Exactly...

;-D

pshhh - he'll figure it out - it was one preseason game.

Besides - were talking about DDavis like he's the second coming of Payton or something. Lest I remind you DDavis is the guy whos resume includes 4 good games at the NFL level - against NYJ, IND, CIN, and ATL. Give me a break here.

It was one pre-season game... oh and a bunch of fumbles last year in the limited action he saw which led to Capers deactivating him for a game or two. The Hollings resume is less impressive and some are acting like HE is the second coming of Payton.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:01 am

KingGhidra wrote:It was one pre-season game... oh and a bunch of fumbles last year in the limited action he saw which led to Capers deactivating him for a game or two. The Hollings resume is less impressive and some are acting like HE is the second coming of Payton.

Im not saying Hollings is great - Ive never seen him play. The point of my argument is that DDavis is overrated if he is being considered a top 10 RB. He obviously has serious competition or else the Houston coach wouldnt have come out and said they are going to try and give Hollings 10-12 carries a game. DDavis simply isnt a great 2nd rd RB that some people see him as.

Now - if Hollings doesnt solve his fumblitis, I still think DDavis is slightly overratred, but not as much. He is apparantly injury prone and he still only has 4 good games against questionable defenses to his credit.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:52 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
KingGhidra wrote:It was one pre-season game... oh and a bunch of fumbles last year in the limited action he saw which led to Capers deactivating him for a game or two. The Hollings resume is less impressive and some are acting like HE is the second coming of Payton.

Im not saying Hollings is great - Ive never seen him play. The point of my argument is that DDavis is overrated if he is being considered a top 10 RB. He obviously has serious competition or else the Houston coach wouldnt have come out and said they are going to try and give Hollings 10-12 carries a game. DDavis simply isnt a great 2nd rd RB that some people see him as.

Now - if Hollings doesnt solve his fumblitis, I still think DDavis is slightly overratred, but not as much. He is apparantly injury prone and he still only has 4 good games against questionable defenses to his credit.

Did you watch any of those games?

Domanic Davis has a burst about him... I like the way he hits a hole... Sure, if you look strictly at yards on the ground, they are maybe not all that they are being billed as, but having actually seen his style, I think he's got game, and lots of it... You have to keep in mind that the guy was a rookie on a team that was playing from behind a lot last year... But, did you notice how the Texans bacame somewhat respectable right about the time Dom became the starter? That's no accident... The kid's dangerous...

And IND has a decent defense... Tony Dungy always does... And I watched him put up 135 rush/rec yards and 2 TD's on them TWICE last year... (so, you might want to recount your games)... That's not too shabby...

He did struggle against NE, TEN and TB... But who doesn't? And against TEN and TB, he only got 14 and 16 carries, respectively b/c he was nursing an injury...

He had over 100 rush/rec yards against Buffalo in a game in which he was injured...

He had a 6.2 ypc average on 12 carries against Carolina...

He had 200 rush/rec yards against the Jets...

Prior to that he was not a starter, so I don't see where all of these crappy games you say he had are coming from...

From what I can tell, whenever they have gotten him the ball more than 20 times a game (rushing or catching out of the backfield) he has exceeded 100 yards... With the ONLY exception being the New England game... And NE shut down all kinds of RB's last year...

AND, that was his rookie season... What's the problem with that resume?

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:17 pm

Oh, and did I forget to mention:

Having over 1000 rushing yards and over 350 receiving yards in a season in which he only started 12 games...

Extrapolate over 16 starts...

1375 rushing yards... 468 receiving yards... 11 TD's...

And that is with an average of only 19 carries per game...

Even if Hollings gets 10-15, Dom will see his 20, and he'll put up huge numbers...

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mudd » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:35 pm

DD was a second round pick in my draft last night. Two picks before I took Dillon. This isn't looking good for him.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby V-unit » Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:05 pm

I have seen the Texans play and their is something special about D.Davis's style.This guy plays hard and reminds me of Thurman Thomas with a little more quickness.The only carries that Hollings will get are the ones to let D.Davis rest.After week 1 you will see that he is the real deal and im 100% sure of it.
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:37 am

Cornbread, can I get a response to my stat breakdown of last year?

I would really like to know why you are so down on Davis....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:53 am

Plindsey88 wrote:Cornbread, can I get a response to my stat breakdown of last year?

I would really like to know why you are so down on Davis....

Actually - I went back and re looked at his stats from last yr, and you have made some very valid points. While I was looking at the 4-5 good games, I also should have been looking at the 5 or so game he didnt do so well in after he was named the starter. Those are some serious defenses that shut him down: CAR, BUF, NE, TB, and TEN - wow. I didnt realize that Houston faced that tough of a schedule down the stretch last yr.

As for this yr, they dont face CAR, NE, or TB just to name a few - it looks like HOU might actually have a very favorable schedule.

His multitude of minor injuries is still a concern.
Hollings still could be a big concern, unless he continues to have a problem holding onto the ball.

All in all, maybe I was a bit harsh on DDavis, and I appreciate you showing me a different way to look at him. I have bumped him up on my rankings a bit, but I am still very concerned with Hollings and the idea that he will steal so many carries. I still would rather draft an elite WR in the 2nd rd.

Let me ask you - where do you have DDavis ranked overall and in RB only rankings?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk