Thomas Jones - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thomas Jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:06 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Merrill Hoge was pretty good in Tecmo Bowl and he was white...

Bo Jackson was unstoppable in that game. I miss the old NES classics.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:06 pm

Ya I know Marshall was great in Indy, I was just saying he didnt come out of nowhere like Holmes did.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:13 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Ya I know Marshall was great in Indy, I was just saying he didnt come out of nowhere like Holmes did.

I think the indicators were there that Priest would be good when he signed on with the Chiefs. He put up 1,000 yards in limited action even if the numbers were padded against some softer run Ds (like Rudi and DD last year). He was on a pretty good run before injury in '99 and was productive as the #2 behind Lewis their Super Bowl year. Also like Faulk, he was called on to be the team's leading receiver. Nothing like this exists for TJ.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Azrael » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:16 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Brock Forsey is white, therefore he will not succeed at tailback. Name all the good white running backs. Hmm, Riggins, umm Czonka, Jim Taylor, Frank Gifford, Red Grange? Also, Marshall Faulk was pretty good in Indy, he just didn't put up numbers like he did on the Rams. Priest Holmes was nothing until he got to the Chiefs.

Nice try. All those guys you named played ages ago. The game has changed since then. Black guys just have better speed, quickness, agility, and reaction that is required to be a good RB. Have there been any good white RB in the last 15 years? I don't think so. Alstott's a fullback. Thanks for playing.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Budman_ffc » Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:45 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Brock Forsey is white, therefore he will not succeed at tailback. Name all the good white running backs. Hmm, Riggins, umm Czonka, Jim Taylor, Frank Gifford, Red Grange? Also, Marshall Faulk was pretty good in Indy, he just didn't put up numbers like he did on the Rams. Priest Holmes was nothing until he got to the Chiefs.

I know Tom Rathman was a fullback, but he could catch and he could bulldoz the poor suckers that got in his way....loved to watch him play!
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:49 pm

Barry Sanders was almost white.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

first of all

Postby migarvin » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:47 pm

holmes didn't come out of nowhere! he ran for 1,000 yards with the ravens - every free agent raven that visited the chiefs told them they ahd to sign him because he was great. and for this bullshit: TJ strikes me as one of those guys who probably is a headcase/drug addict/dumbass/primadonna/compainer and he isn't worth putting up with compared to his onfield production.

All the zona players liked the guy before he was released. They all said they felt bad when he hurt his ankle because they knew he was goign to blow up.
migarvin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:52 pm

Azrael wrote:

Nice try. All those guys you named played ages ago. The game has changed since then. Black guys just have better speed, quickness, agility, and reaction that is required to be a good RB. Have there been any good white RB in the last 15 years? I don't think so. Alstott's a fullback. Thanks for playing.
Thanks for reillustrating my points.... I named about the only 5 good white RBs I remember. I thought that would get my point across, but it obv didn't. Sorry I lost ya there Azreal, my point was black guys are far better at tailback then white guys. I thought I wouldnt have to list all the hundreds of black tailbacks that were good to get my point across that black guys are plain better. So for your blunt treatment of me, I do expect an apology ( ;-) ) Well Holmes didn't come out of nowhere, but he didn't put up numbers like he does with the Chiefs or Marshall did with the Colts.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:03 pm

you guys are all racist! :-b
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby madmike » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:02 pm

I got Jones at 3.10 in my 10 team league. Dillon would be better pick at 1.12 if you can get him...then hope you can still get Jones with 3rd round. Jones could be better than most people think but I'd gamble on picking him up a little later.
-Mad Mike
madmike
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk