Jake Delhomme predictions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jake Delhomme predictions

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jake Delhomme predictions

Postby steelerfan04 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:40 pm

I drafted Delhomme as my #1 QB in a draft yesterday (i waited a long time before drafting a QB so there weren't many options left). Is he a solid #1 QB or should I try to trade for a better one?
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby goleafsgo96 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:44 pm

I sure wouldnt want delhomme as my #1 QB. I hope the rest of your team is stacked, he doesnt put up much in terms of fantasy numbers.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:49 pm

goleafsgo96 wrote:I sure wouldnt want delhomme as my #1 QB. I hope the rest of your team is stacked, he doesnt put up much in terms of fantasy numbers.

Agree 100% on this...you better start putting together a trade right ...about...now.I think you could get as good,if not better production from Grossman or Carr,and that isn't saying alot.I have a hunch Gannon may not have been drafted.If he's there,grab him.People are unjustly down on him,and I think you can count on him to bounce back.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby JerseyBearsGuy » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:15 pm

Also agreed, Jake DelNoOline will have a tougher time this year. There are problems up front and he is not a #1 anyway.
A. Luck, M. Vick
A. Morris, S. Ridley, D. Williams, L. Miller, W. Mcgahee
B. Marshall, Julio Jones, S. Smith, S. Johnson, E. Royal, M. Brown
J. Thomas, G. Olsen
D. Bailey
Minnesota
JerseyBearsGuy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Response Team
(Past Year: 173)

Postby zombiez » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:06 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:
goleafsgo96 wrote:I sure wouldnt want delhomme as my #1 QB. I hope the rest of your team is stacked, he doesnt put up much in terms of fantasy numbers.

Agree 100% on this...you better start putting together a trade right ...about...now.I think you could get as good,if not better production from Grossman or Carr,and that isn't saying alot.I have a hunch Gannon may not have been drafted.If he's there,grab him.People are unjustly down on him,and I think you can count on him to bounce back.
.........thats a wise call, Gannon should rebound nicely, and is being overlooked
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby bagobonez » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:49 pm

Take a look at Bledsoe too if available. He's due for a comeback.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby IRON CHEF » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:00 am

None of these guys mentioned are more than backups, look to trade for a solid top 10 QB.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:58 pm

He may not be a #1 but he looked great last night. Maybe just sit tight for a week or two into the season & see what happens.
Who da man? Sp_Da_Man !
Sp_Da_Man
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:02 pm

I think Delhomme will do better than expected... He was a suitable backup last year, and Carolina was all run... I think with the emergence of Smith and the potential for passing out of the backfield to Foster, Delhomme might put up much better numbers... He'll still be a mediocre #1, but if you have the other pieces in place, he might be enough to get it done...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:03 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:

I think people are justly down on him. He's old. And he doesn't play in Gruden's system anymore. He has no arm strength, no mobility and a more talented QB on the bench. Plus a coach that likes to spread the feild with downfield passing. Gannon may not last the season as the starter. And if he does I don't see him doing much.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk