Do you Yahoo? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Do you Yahoo?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Do you Yahoo?

Postby Trap » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:12 pm

I'm competitive. I like winning. But I can't bring myself to join a Yahoo league. To me they are just a glorified mock draft. I'd rather finish top 3 in a competitive league than win a Yahoo league. (Public mainly) (Private would be different)

Have you ever ran into someone that plays Yahoo leagues and always wins but has no clue? Have unbelievable teams? Make such unrealistic trades? This is what I see in public leagues.

To me this is like playing Madden on Easy..
Trap
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby oklobbyist » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:30 pm

Played Yahoo this year in baseball...hate it. They don't keep the player profiles up to date. Will avoid any Yahoo football league...even if it's "free". Love CBS Sportsline leagues.
oklobbyist
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:47 pm

What the hell are you talking about? The player profiles are updated all the damn time with news and notes. I prefer it for money leagues; that way all the money is in the pot instead of 60 bucks going to a website just for you to host a league. If you are willing to do a bit of bookkeeping you can run dynasties and keepers off of Yahoo. You cant draft on there, but slow drafts here are fine. All for the low low cost of NOTHING. Can't be beat.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Yahoo private leagues are best!

Postby Confucian Scholars » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:11 pm

First of all, you can't beat the price. It's free head-to-head competition, not salary cap crap. I agree the Yahoo public leagues are terrible; too many inactive teams and immature owners. Now I only join private Yahoo leagues that screen out bad eggs. You can go to "available leagues" and search by autopick or live draft. Once you've joined a league, there's an option to delete yourself before the draft so you can evacuate bad ones.
I am very picky with which private leagues I join and can't overemphasize how important it is to choose carefully. Since last year I have also chosen to be a commissioner in one of the maximum limit of 4 leagues.
You can tell by reading league posts which ones have mature adults and which are infested with draft junkies and idiots. I prefer those that draft during the last week of August and first week of September as they tend to attract more serious active owners.
In Yahoo there are little yellow squares next to player's names when important news happens. They source info from Fanball, Sporting News, and AP reports so it's always reliable.
Confucian Scholars
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby steelerfan04 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:37 am

Yahoo is flat out awesome. Maybe I have just gotten lucky with my leagues so far, but even the "custom but public" leagues are active and competative. You can make sure you don't get in a "dead" league by just reading the message boards and see how many people are experienced owners or how many are checking. You can always leave the league if they aren't. Besides, it's FREE. Even if nobody checks then just don't bother with that league.
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby Monty » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:22 am

I Yahoo, i love the Private Leagues that are advertised in the message boards. They work for me, 'cuz they're free! ;-D
- AKA Monty in the FBC (bet you didn't see that one comin')
Monty
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk