??? Drew Bledsoe ??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

??? Drew Bledsoe ???

Moderator: Football Moderators

??? Drew Bledsoe ???

Postby FreddyK78 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:36 pm

Im debating whether to take Drew Bledsoe within my fantasy leaugue. How does he compare to other QB's this year, and is he going to come of his slump from last year especially since Mike Malarky is an offensive minded coach and that they imporved their offensive line.

What are your thoughts on Drew, is he worth it.
FreddyK78
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:41 pm

Hes a decent backup, but dont ever think of him as a starter. Im liking him to bounce back, and making Lee Evans a nice sleeper this year.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby zombiez » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:54 pm

Definately do not draft him with the hopes of him being your starter, would not be bad as a backup, Bledsoe needs time to throw the ball, and there is a question as to whether this o line is up to par enough to give him the time he needs, personally I think it's not, and I definately wouldn't want him a starter
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Bledsoe

Postby Bears_Fan » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:56 pm

Bledose is officially a disaster now. He has bad protection, isn't mobile, and has no good number two wideout. He sucks and will probably be hurt most of the eyar anyways.
Beware of Booker with the Grossman
Bears_Fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:01 pm

I expect him to rebound from last year, it's impossible not to short of falling off a bridge. I've got him at 19th in a 4 pt TD league, 18th in a 6 pt TD leage. There's a significant dropoff between my projections for him and the fantasy backups ahead of him.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Re: Bledsoe

Postby fantasizing » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:17 pm

Bears_Fan wrote:Bledose is officially a disaster now. He has bad protection, isn't mobile, and has no good number two wideout. He sucks and will probably be hurt most of the eyar anyways.

really? one horrible season in his 12 year career and all of a sudden he's a complete and total write-off?? wow....
The guy threw for 4,300+ yards and 26 total TDs a couple of season ago. I don't know how you can that he sucks.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Bledsoe

Postby Bears_Fan » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:05 pm

Blesoe's best seasons have only been decent by fantasy standards AND MY POINT WAS THAT HE"S A DISASTER NOW NOT THAT HE HASN't been good. I like your emotion but my arguments about his mobility, injury prone self, and lack of solid wideout corp outside of moulds all still stand unanswered.
Beware of Booker with the Grossman
Bears_Fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MeShawn » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:07 pm

He's around the #20 QB on my cheatsheet. Not a very good backup, but usable.
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:17 pm

Here's a question just out of curiosity. Would you guys rather go with Bledsoe on the hopes he bounces back as your backup QB, or go with say Carson Palmer who has upside but no proven ability?
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:42 pm

Bledsoe will never make one my fantasy teams... Ever... Not as a number 1, a number 2, or a number 3 (and I NEVER carry number 3's, anyway)... I have John Navarre ahead of Drew Bledsoe... In fact, I have everyone ahead of him, because I start out by putting him dead last and then work my way down to the depths of Bledsoe-ism...

He's horrible... The real pisser is the fact that the guy can't play in the cold worth a damn, and yet he's chosen to make a career in New England and Buffalo... How's that for poor career management?

Drew Bledsoe has always been the product of the guys around him, whether it be WR's, coaches with good systems, or even talented RB's that keep everyone's attention away from the fact that he should have been drowned at birth...

The guy is horrible... Flat awful... If I lived in Buffalo, I'd slash his tires just for sucking so much...

Oh, yeah, and he's too damn old, too... ;-D
Last edited by Plindsey88 on Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk