??? Drew Bledsoe ??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

??? Drew Bledsoe ???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:44 pm

maddog60 wrote:Here's a question just out of curiosity. Would you guys rather go with Bledsoe on the hopes he bounces back as your backup QB, or go with say Carson Palmer who has upside but no proven ability?

I would rather go with Carson Palmer with a groin pull and gangrene of his throwing hand...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:49 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:Drew Bledsoe has always been the product of the guys around him, whether it be WR's, coaches with good systems, or even talented RB's that keep everyone's attention away from the fact that he should have been drowned at birth...

Ouch, that's harsh!

:-b
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Flockers » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:53 pm

Whoa, who's up for starting an I hate Drew Bledsoe thread? I'm sure Plindsey88 would post enough to keep it worthy. :-b :-b
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:01 pm

Flockers wrote:Whoa, who's up for starting an I hate Drew Bledsoe thread? I'm sure Plindsey88 would post enough to keep it worthy. :-b :-b

Unfortunately, I have to head home now, and the fiancee is addicted to the SIMS, so it is unlikely I will have the opportunity to post much this evening, but if you want to start a thread about how this man has tainted the game of football by having the audacity to set his worthless slow feet on grass, then I'll be happy to post on it tomorrow...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:12 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:the fiancee is addicted to the SIMS

Sounds like a keeper. :-b
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby zombiez » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:20 pm

well Freddy, sounds like everyone agrees on Drew ..stay away, stay faraway :-°
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby wanna_be_guru » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:23 am

just a tid bit. I believe it was Salisbury that said (espn a week or so ago)that with the new offensive minds at buffalo and the improved O-line. Bledsoe will be a much improved QB. One of the interesting things he had to back that up was that he says Bledsoe has his best years when he has a QB coach watchin over his mistakes. This year he has Sam Wychek doing that which is aguably the best QB coach of all time.
wanna_be_guru
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby wanna_be_guru » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:24 am

just a tid bit. I believe it was Salisbury that said (espn a week or so ago)that with the new offensive minds at buffalo and the improved O-line. Bledsoe will be a much improved QB. One of the interesting things he had to back that up was that he says Bledsoe has his best years when he has a QB coach watchin over his mistakes. This year he has Sam Wychek doing that which is aguably the best QB coach of all time.
wanna_be_guru
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:08 am

wanna_be_guru wrote:just a tid bit. I believe it was Salisbury that said (espn a week or so ago)that with the new offensive minds at buffalo and the improved O-line. Bledsoe will be a much improved QB. One of the interesting things he had to back that up was that he says Bledsoe has his best years when he has a QB coach watchin over his mistakes. This year he has Sam Wychek doing that which is aguably the best QB coach of all time.

97/98 were his two best years as a QB. He definitely has a better WR than he had during that period and Henry is somewhat comparable to C-Mart.

The thing is... Even with the best offense he's had his entire pro carrer, he still only managed 24 TDs in 2002. Do you think Wycheck and Mularkey are gonna let an over the hill, mistake-prone QB pass the ball 600x on the season? Do you think he can last another full season dropping back to pass 600+ times?

His upside is something like his 1998 numbers aka a borderline starting QB. His downside is waiver wire material. I guess a 13th round selection isn't a high price to pay, but I bet there's a better value on a nice kicker or TE then...
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bagobonez » Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:21 am

Good God Plindsey, did Bledsoe bag your girlfriend or something?

You know it was just two years ago that Bledsoe was a top 5 QB, right?

Injuries to Moulds, the loss of Price and poor O-line play can be contributed to Bledsoe's bad year.

They added Lee Evans who is very Price-esque, and now that Kevin Killdrive, I meant, Kevin Gilbride is gone, Mularkey is going to install more 3 and 5 step drops, an offense designed to get the ball out of there quickly to cover up the offensive line's weaknesses, as well as emphasize the running game more than ever to keep defensive linemen from pinning their ears back and coming after Bledsoe.

I doubt he will repeat his career year of 2 years ago, but to say you'd take John Navarre over him is just a little silly, don't ya think?
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk