Transaction limits. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Transaction limits.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Transaction limits.

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:24 pm

In my Yahoo league my commissioner set the free agent/waiver transaction limit to 25 per team for the season. There is no limit to trading.

Last year I think I made about 40 transactions! Is this figure low, or did I just switch players way too much last year...I assume this makes trading players more important in this league. Comments?
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mustangs989 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:52 pm

I usually make 25-40 moves per season depending on injuries etc. I've never been a fan of a transaction limit but to each their own.
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Azrael » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:02 pm

My one league has a transaction limit of 15 counting injury and non-injury moves. My other league, which is not on Yahoo, has a transaction limit of 2 for non-injury moves and sort of a 3 week IR for injuries.

I think the less transactions you have the better drafter it requires you to be, otherwise some guys ending rosters would be almost unrecognizable compared to their beginning rosters. It gets tiresome watching people trying to jump on every flavor of the week that breaks out for a game or 2.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby hawksfan896 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:05 pm

Azrael wrote:My one league has a transaction limit of 15 counting injury and non-injury moves. My other league, which is not on Yahoo, has a transaction limit of 2 for non-injury moves and sort of a 3 week IR for injuries.

I think the less transactions you have the better drafter it requires you to be, otherwise some guys ending rosters would be almost unrecognizable compared to their beginning rosters. It gets tiresome watching people trying to jump on every flavor of the week that breaks out for a game or 2.

I agree. It seems like every league has a guy who just grabs everyone they can that makes a headline. Funny when it's Marcus Robinson, tiresome when it's Anquan Boldin/Rudy Johnson. Obviously, credit should be given for these guys being quick on the gun, but if everyone in your league has, say, a job, you can't always research as much as you'd like. It's kind of an equalizer. Another good way around is to charge for transactions. We do transaction limits sometimes, but we're charging this year, so we'll see how that goes. One quick note, I hate the transaction limit in computer draft leagues, because the computer can make some screwed up choices for you. But in a live draft I don't see a problem with it.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk