Butch Davis' comments on Green v. Suggs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Butch Davis' comments on Green v. Suggs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Butch Davis' comments on Green v. Suggs

Postby bagobonez » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:53 pm

Butch Davis went on Jim Rome's talk show on Monday, and Butch said that the running back battle is wide open, and neither guy has a solid grasp on the job yet. For what it's worth. Also, for those who like Rome, Shaun Alexander and Priest Holmes are supposed to be on the show tomorrow.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Davis

Postby DraftDodger » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:48 am

He can say anything he wants, but Green has been a disappointment and Suggs is looking sharp. Green is one of those guys who's going to get passed over in this league because he didn't produce fast enough. Remember, we're talking about a guy who had trouble deposing Jamel White

:-t

The future is now and it's Lee Suggs.

That's my belief, anyway.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:55 am

im going to flip a coin. green is head ans suggs is tails. it was tails. look like suggs is going to start. seriously weve played one week of preseason. Its probabaly going to be another dreadd rbbc. oh well.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Warpigs » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:25 am

It's typical coachspeak -- just like last year when he said the QB battle was wide open -- but we all knew that Holcomb was the leading man.

Also, I personally can't stand Jim Rome. I love sports and listen to sports talk radio all the time when travelling -- but when Jim Rome comes on, I have to change the channel. Not sure what about him rubs me the wrong way -- guess it's the constant pauses in conversation and that I don't feel like I'm learning anything sports-related when I listen to him. I get a cocky/arrogant vibe from him that drives me batty.

But back to the main subject, i don't have any doubt that Suggs will be the primary ball carrier in the offense.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby cardiac cats » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:10 pm

i agree jim rome is a (Edited due to foul language, please dont cuss)....... he deserves to be fired ;-D
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby bagobonez » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:22 pm

Ah c'mon! You gotta love Rome! At least give him credit for not being like every other talk show host in America. He has his own style, and when he starts going on rants about OJ Simpson, Tanya Yarding, Mike Tyson, Allen Iverson, etc. the dude will have you rolling on the floor with tears in your eyes.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby KingGhidra » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:25 pm

Jim Rome got his ass beat by Jim Everett on live TV. I love it. He grew that goatee to look like a tough guy, but we all know his record.

http://homepage.mac.com/jdmajaris/sport ... ter91.html
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Azrael » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:30 pm

KingGhidra wrote:Jim Rome got his ass beat by Jim Everett on live TV. I love it. He grew that goatee to look like a tough guy, but we all know his record.

http://homepage.mac.com/jdmajaris/sport ... ter91.html

Don't you mean Chris? :-)

Anyways, probably best not to touch those guys. Let them be someone else's worries.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:31 pm

Hahaha, that was an awesome link KG! I personally liked the goalie fights... ;-D

Cleveland positional battle + Butch Davis = fantasy nightmare. I'd really like to stay away from this one because Butch pulls players in and out before and during games on personal hunches and fan booing. Until one guy establishes himself as the main and Butch sticks to him, I wouldn't own either of them. I suppose someone has to, but I really hope it's not me.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Guru » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:50 am

I have a feeling both of these backs will play alot this year, so its looking like RBBC un Cleve.
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk