What`s the best FREE fantasy site. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What`s the best FREE fantasy site.

Moderator: Football Moderators

What`s the best FREE fantasy site.

Postby FlagrantFoul » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:06 am

I`m new to fantasy football, sorry. I`ve tried to draft live on Yahoo! but it`s filled with teenagers and idiots. I hate it. Is there a good FREE alternative?

THNX.
FlagrantFoul Beginner
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:06 am

Yahoo is fine, just play leagues with good cafe members. Dont play publics, they are filled with retards and punk teenagers. Yahoo is the best free site for running a league. Just play with Cafe members and you should have a great competitive league.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mach5 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:35 pm

go to crossover fantasy football...it's the only other free site that i know of and it's not too bad...here's the link http://www.cosg.net/ff/
mach5
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Confucian Scholars » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:22 pm

Sportsbuff.com has a good free head-to-head league system with autopick drafts. You can click on an owner's league ID and see how many leagues they are in as well as their past performances. There are money leagues there too but the free leagues appear to be most popular.

I just created a free league there for Cafe members a couple days ago. League ID# 6437 (Asian Invasion)
http://www.sportsbuff.com/

Yahoo private leagues are so much better than public ones. You can join any "available leagues" listed on their database. If you prefer live draft, then you can search available leagues in draft time order. I prefer joining a private league because you can tell which ones have those teenagers and idiots by reading league posts.
The first clue is the accompanying league intro, for example "Come in this leeg and I'll kick yous ass" seems to be a popular theme among teenage idiots with grammar and spelling problems, "serious managers, experienced gridiron gurus only, and "trash talk welcome but no profanity" tends to be leagues with mature adults.
You can always delete yourself before draft time and find a more interesting group. I'm in a German league and a Japan league; there are others for some special interest groups such as Raider Haters and military personnel and they usually are fairly active. I've found that the best ones are usually those leagues that are drafting later, not during the first week of pre-season.
Last edited by Confucian Scholars on Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Confucian Scholars
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Flockers » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:49 pm

Yahoo is good, as long as you do not do public leagues. They are filled with useless inbreds. I only do leagues when I know the person running it, or I am running it. Public leagues are just a waste of your 4 leagues.

Crossover is good also, I am in one league over there and the guy that runs it is open for suggestions and is quick to help with any problems. We'll see how this year goes. ;-D
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby brdmaverick » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:55 pm

well, I'm not sure it's the best free one out there, but from what I've been reading about it, it looks pretty damn good thus far. Check out fantasyfreaks.net . It is free with many cool features.

In fact, I have taken a stab at it and decided to start a league.

It's a 16 team, 3-keeper league with playoffs and four divisions.

Scoring is 1 pt. per 30 yards passing, 1 pt per 10 yards receiving, and 1 pt per 10 yards rushing.

Each rushing, receiving, and passing TDs are worth 6 pts each.

A starting line up includes 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 team defense.

here is a link

League Address:
http://www.fantasy-freaks.com/football/ ... agueid=718

the league name: American Football Conference
password: afc

I hope to see some of you sign up.

i've never played in a 16 team league before but am looking forward to it. I am very open to suggestions.

come join, I am very open to suggestions, maybe we will have it be a 2 player keeper league instead, we'll see

but anyways, it's free and you have nothing to lose, I hope to see you sign up
Go Pats!
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flockers » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:02 pm

I joined, is there a way to pre-rank, because I may not be able to make it to the draft.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby bertfinsfan » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:26 pm

Flockers wrote:I joined, is there a way to pre-rank, because I may not be able to make it to the draft.

I have the same question because I will be on vacation that weekend.
bertfinsfan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:28 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Yahoo is fine, just play leagues with good cafe members. Dont play publics, they are filled with retards and punk teenagers. Yahoo is the best free site for running a league. Just play with Cafe members and you should have a great competitive league.

;-D
New York Yankees: 2005 Offseason
Dallas Cowboys: 5-8
PrimeTime(baseball): FB Champion
PrimeTime (football): 10-4
ajgnydc722
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby zombiez » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:29 pm

zombiez
Head Coach