Madieu Williams starting at Corner? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cincinnati Bengals

Madieu Williams starting at Corner?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Madieu Williams starting at Corner?

Postby DUKE » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:41 am

During their evening practice, the Bengals unveiled how highly they value rookie safety Madieu Williams. With Deltha O'Neal out for a couple of weeks with thigh and ankle injuries (he's expected back for the regular-season opener and possibly before), Williams lined up as the left cornerback with the first defense early in the session.

I don't like seeing Deltha out, with how piss-poor Tory James looked against Tampa Bay. It would be fun to see Madieu at corner though to see what he's got against Brady and his Wr's this Saturday. One thing to be noted though: Deltha said that he can play this Saturday, but it's looking like the coaches are wanting to take it with a cautious approach, like so many other teams are doing this preseason with nicked up players. If Madieu starts corner, I wonder who will be the first to play at the nickel? I'd like to see Ratliff, but Terrell Roberts looked pretty good Monday.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flux » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:30 pm

Since Deltha is actually ok to play, im happy to see them going w/ Williams. This experience against a very pass happy team can be extremely valuable considering the poor play of James. Who knows, if Williams looks good and James still looks like ass he could push for that spot.

Hopefully James just had an off night though, but I thought he was supposed to be even better and more healthy than last year ;-7
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Cincinnati Bengals