Can anyone help me..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Can anyone help me.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Can anyone help me.....

Postby DUKE » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:35 pm

find a place to find out what the Hell is wrong with my PS2. I was having disc read errors again and wanted to open it up to see if it was something I could fix. I did so, but went in from the top and saw the circuit board and a bunch of weird stuff, so I decided to bail on it and put it back together. Now it won't turn on or anything, as if it's totally dead. I don't know if it's fixable or not, but I was wondering if there were any places that I could troubleshoot this; PS2 repair forum? , someone here that's experienced this? I'm screwed and should use it for target practice? :-? Thanks in advance for any help.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flockers » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:21 pm

That problem was the reason I switched to an Xbox. Trying a Google search would be the only thing I can think of. Good luck with that one.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby JayM09 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:25 pm

mine was doing the same thing, so i decided to do what aww did.

he posted a site that shows you how to fix the dreaded disc read errors., i followed the directions on that site, and have yet to have any problems.

you may contact aww to get that site, i know its on one of these threads here in the game forums, but i dont know which one.

just read that you bailed on it and it doesnt work. you might be out of luck, i think once you open it on your own, you void the warranty.
[b]cafe leagues
nkl 9-6 #3 seed, runner-up
budbowl 10-5 #3 seed. 3rd place
vxl 11-4 #1 seed, runner-up
gbffl 10-5 #2 seed, lost semis
cafe champs 12-4 #1 seed, runner-up[/b]
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BGbootha » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:27 pm

yeah i am actually having the exact same problem. luckily i bought mine from best buy along with their little extended warranty. so i will be getting a new one.

but you can check out. scea.com. they have a playstation forum and stuff, might be of help. also 1-800-345-sony. (think thats right)
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby Flockers » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:32 pm

Best Buy is really strict with their warranties. As long as you don't open up the PS2, you should have no problems.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby BGbootha » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:48 pm

JayM09 wrote:mine was doing the same thing, so i decided to do what aww did.

he posted a site that shows you how to fix the dreaded disc read errors., i followed the directions on that site, and have yet to have any problems.

you may contact aww to get that site, i know its on one of these threads here in the game forums, but i dont know which one.

just read that you bailed on it and it doesnt work. you might be out of luck, i think once you open it on your own, you void the warranty.

search function!!!!

http://www.g4techtv.com/xplay/features/ ... r_Fix.html

straight from the thread with aww!!! thanks. I might look into this as well if best buy become punks.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BGbootha » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:53 pm

OK so i got my new PS2 from best buy (no problems) however, after returning home to pop in my Madden i starting to play only to have it continually freeze on me while playing a game.

come to find out. it was a laser in my original PS2 that was actually hitting the disk that was making it not work in the first place. Now that i have a working PS2 i found out that the old ruined my madden disc to the point where it won't play a game. I can play all the mini games, but no actual game!!!!!!!!!

This is abnoxious. So now if i want my madden i have to go out and pay another $50 for it. :-t
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Video Games