Onterrio Smith 4 game suspension - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Onterrio Smith 4 game suspension

Moderator: Football Moderators

bennett

Postby Snatch1414 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:17 am

bennett will the first or 2nd best among the second-tier RBs if you ask me. Tice wants to give him the ball and if you can be ok with moe getting goal line Bennett is a great pick (I may be biased, cuz my league rewards more for long touchdowns).
Snatch1414
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mnheadliner » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:20 am

I am really on the fence when it comes to Bennett now. For sure, between now and Sunday night (my first of three auction drafts) he will for sure be climbing....and then falling....and then climbing my RB checklist.......I have no idea what to pin him down as for projections now and I get the most current news usually (local vikings fan). Regardless, he'll probably go fro too much in my leagues as it's the hometown team and all. Hard to get vikings players, unless you're willing to overpay a bit sometimes, which I am never willing to do. :-t
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby stomperrob » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:43 am

Smith should phone Rickey and see if there's any seats left on that flight to Asia!
:-t :-t :-t
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby bobafett » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:55 am

[quote="Wesley Walker"][quote="bobafett"]damnit, i wish they would just make weed legal, it'd keep a few more RBs in the game. and WRs.[/quote]

It is legal.

In Oregon.[/quote]

that's right, it's been for a while. and it's also decriminalized in Ann Arbor, MI. Portland or Eugene should make a bid for an expansion team!
one for the thumb

Post your thread and I'll help you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1334274#1334274
bobafett
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dub-Dub » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:15 am

LOL! File under "poor reading skills"

I just read the headline on ESPN, jumped to the story, reading it real fast, I thought it was Bennett that was out for 4 weeks... so I raced over to my league and dropped my backup D (Raiders) and picked up O. Smith!!!

What an idiot... F-
Dub-Dub
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby GMoney » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:20 am

who cares it was only your backup D anyways... and if O smith is on WW, there are plenty of good players out there im sure.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dub-Dub » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:33 am

It is funny though... my league is usually fast to move on things, so I was moving faster to get him...

Read, boy. READ!
Dub-Dub
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Warpigs » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:51 am

So, does this mean Onterrio HAS to serve the first four games of the season, or can it be any four games? Assuming the former.

If it is the first four games, remember to temper your expectations for Bennett -- he'll be playing against two of the tougher defenses in the NFL in weeks one and two (Dallas and Philly) before getting Chicago, Houston and New Orleans.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby biju » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:44 am

goleafsgo96 wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:
AGENT wrote:So would you rank Bennet in the top 10? In front of someone like rudi j or d davis?

He's still got Moe Williams to deal with, so I wouldn't put him near the top 10 yet.

me neither. this isnt that big of a deal.

Funny, I read this and instead of looking at moving Bennett up on my sheet I'm going to move Williams up. I remember Smith getting some goal line carries last year and if he's going to be out 4 games and possibly in Tice's doghouse I think it really only benefits Moe. Bennett's value doesn't change much IMO.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby TTTBone » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:04 pm

Bump up both Moe and Bennett. Thought Moe would be worthless this year with the emergence of Onterrio. It's only four games, but if Bennett and Moe are getting it done, SOD could be riding some pine for more than the four.
What an idiot.
Sure it's only a little pot, but if I was getting paid millions of $$'s, I would give it up in a second (not that I do it now).
Was it really the SOD that left that roach in Randy's ashtray when he was busted for running over a traffic cop? Hmmm....
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk