Onterrio Smith 4 game suspension - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Onterrio Smith 4 game suspension

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Flux » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:24 pm

Ill tell you what, keep an eye on Mewelde Moore.

He apparently has been very impressive in camp and has some big time play making skills. If MIN really wants two, 1000 yds RBs, he might be the 2nd guy
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Johnny Ballgame » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:26 pm

I don't know what I think about Bennet. I think Moe will continue to steal his goal line carries. While he does get 2 or 3 receptions a game - that's not really enough to balance out his low TD's. Also - this is a pass first offense. Having said all of that - I had him on my team a couple of years ago and he was a really good #2 back to have. I wouldn't put him in the top 10, more like the top 15 or so.
"You using the whole fist there doc?" - Irwin M. Fletcher
Johnny Ballgame
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Johnny Ballgame » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:04 pm

I thought you'd like to see this that I just got off of yahoo, which shows fanball.com stuff:

News
The Vikings scored quickly against the Falcons Friday night, cashing in on just four plays after recovering a fumble on the game-opening kickoff at the Falcons' 30-yard line. But it was how they scored that raised some eyebrows. After covering 29 yards on three plays with Michael Bennett—a pass and two runs—to get them to the one-yard line, Moe Williams came in and pounded it into the end zone at the stripe.

Views
This touchdown is certain to stoke the speculation that Williams will be reprising his role as the Vikings' goal-line vulture. Moe has scored 19 times over the last two seasons, 14 of which came from inside the red zone and most of those from inside the five-yard line. Combine this touchdown plunge with Onterrio Smith facing a suspension, and Williams' fantasy value is surging as we head into the heart of fantasy draft season.
"You using the whole fist there doc?" - Irwin M. Fletcher
Johnny Ballgame
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby hawksfan896 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:16 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:What substance did he abuse? Is that out yet? And what was it in Tennessee? If its pot, no big deal, but crack or heroin that could be a problem.

lol could be a problem? What would constitute a definite problem?
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby hawksfan896 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:17 pm

Wesley Walker wrote:
bobafett wrote:damnit, i wish they would just make weed legal, it'd keep a few more RBs in the game. and WRs.

It is legal.

In Oregon.

No wonder he transferred to U of O. Eugene is Amsterdam west.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk