Tight end strategy. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tight end strategy.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BigMusky » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:16 pm

because Shockey is about as reliable this year as Faulk.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: shockey

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:29 pm

migarvin wrote:Why burn a 3rd round pick on gonzo whne you can get shockey in the 5th?

Because he said he doesn't expect Shockey to be around that long. Maybe you should've read his entire post before responding. Other than that, I agree that Shockey isn't overrated. He's one of those guys that so many people think is overrated, that he's underrated.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby migarvin » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:01 pm

yo king,

edited by evil mods : I have been in a 12 team league for the past 8 years, and if there is only one constant for myself. it has been I have always been saddled with nonproductive TE's This year with the 8th pick, I may be able to get Gonzales with the 3rd rd 8th pick. I don't think this is too early considering what I believe will be a very deep draft for mid level receiver's. If Gonzales repeats last years production it will be like having 4 receiver's It seem's most team owner's view TE's as an

Where is there a reference made about shockey not being around?
migarvin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:09 pm

Hey, good job being an ass to one of the most respected veterans on this site who is very helpful in terms of stats and charts and excel spreadsheets. He even agreed with you and said he was underrated. In your 6 days at being in the cafe, you have shown that you can flame people. Great contribution.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby BigMusky » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:13 pm

kevster1 wrote:I don't think he will be around at 4-5. I also believe that Todd Heap, and the overrated Shockey will not be around at 5-8

read two posts down stud.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: yo dick

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:17 pm

migarvin wrote:yo king,

maybe if you knew how to read you'd refrain from being a dick: I have been in a 12 team league for the past 8 years, and if there is only one constant for myself. it has been I have always been saddled with nonproductive TE's This year with the 8th pick, I may be able to get Gonzales with the 3rd rd 8th pick. I don't think this is too early considering what I believe will be a very deep draft for mid level receiver's. If Gonzales repeats last years production it will be like having 4 receiver's It seem's most team owner's view TE's as an

Where is there a reference made about shockey not being around?

kevster1 wrote:I also believe that Todd Heap, and the overrated Shockey will not be around at 5-8

Your initial post was completely dedicated to refuting the first part of the bold statement (overrated Shockey). The second part of the bold statement mentions him not thinking Shockey will be around in the 5th. I dont think anyone else even mentioned Shockey. That's the selective reading on your part that I mentioned.

You made an entire post calling him dumb for not taking Shockey in the 5th, when the author of the thread says Shockey won't be available in the 5th.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk