Next best WR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Next best WR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Guru » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:15 pm

Moss, Harrison, and T.O. are the studs at WR every single year. All 3 are just freaks of nature.

Any of the 3 could finish as the #1 WR this year. The preseason #1 guy out of those 3 never finishes as the #1 WR at the end of the year anyway. So get any of the 3 and be happy.

Holt had a career year last year, I don't think he is even in there tier this year.

Any time TO gets the ball he is a threat to score, thats the kind of freak I want on my team.
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Azrael » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:48 pm

1. Moss

2 and 2A. Harrison & Holt

4. Owens
5. Ward
6. CJ
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:49 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:I'm definately NOT on the TO bandwagon. I don't think he'll have a good year(by his standards). He doesn't have good hands and McNabb isn't an accurate passer. Not to mention the fact Reid spreads the ball around. Plus, the whole league knows TO wants the ball. He'll have 4 guys covering him on every play (Just an exageration).

As for who I think will be the number 4 receiver this year? Santana Moss. Laugh it up gentlemen. I think he'll have a huge year with Penny there and McCariens taking some coverage away. Plus in league that award points for return yards and TDs (which mine does) he's an absolute STUD!!

From what I've read, McCarreins has asked to be the return man this year. Makes sense considering most #1 Wideouts do not regularly return kicks.

As for my rankings:

Moss/Harrison
Owens
Holt
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby CC » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:02 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:I'm definately NOT on the TO bandwagon. I don't think he'll have a good year(by his standards). He doesn't have good hands and McNabb isn't an accurate passer. Not to mention the fact Reid spreads the ball around. Plus, the whole league knows TO wants the ball. He'll have 4 guys covering him on every play (Just an exageration).

As for who I think will be the number 4 receiver this year? Santana Moss. Laugh it up gentlemen. I think he'll have a huge year with Penny there and McCariens taking some coverage away. Plus in league that award points for return yards and TDs (which mine does) he's an absolute STUD!!

From what I've read, McCarreins has asked to be the return man this year. Makes sense considering most #1 Wideouts do not regularly return kicks.

I think they should use Jonathan Carter, he might be hurt, but when I saw him returning kicks for the Jets last year the kid had wheels.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

W/R

Postby Daddymike59 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:03 pm

Moss
Harrison
TO in a new sit.? Ward with no O'line? Holt w/ no O'line?
Steve Smith (could be better than 3a b and c.)
C.J. with a new q/b? NO
Santana with a better #2? DEF.
Mason. DEF better than prev. 2
Horn. Same sit. dif year.

summation..

Moss
Harrison
Holt
Owens
S.Smith
Mason
Santana Moss
Ward
Johnson
Horn

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby shortsavage » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:04 pm

Hopefully TO can establish a better rapport with McNabb than he had with Garcia. It was frustrating watching Owens drop so many passes last season too. Still, the fans backed him because there wasn't much else to like about the Niners. We will see what happends to the former California gubernatorial candidate if begins this season with butter hands.

With Chad Pennington continuing to improve his game, I think Santana Moss is going to really break out this year. Expect to see two Mosses at the top of your league's season scoring totals.

Thank you Tiki!
shortsavage Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MadScott » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:53 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:

TO doesnt have good hands? Other than last yr can you give me some examples?
Sorry to dredge this up but I'm pretty sure TO has been one of the top droppers in the NFL the past few seasons. I don't have the stats in front of me, but I know that I've seen him drop plenty of balls from my seats in Candlestick. Off the top of my head, when he made the "Catch 2" he dropped at least 4 easy catches that game.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk