Best sleeper as of Friday, August 20... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Best sleeper as of Friday, August 20...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KingGhidra » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:57 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:

Other than that - Im sure one of the elite RBs will go down and his backup will tear it up. I dont mean to jinx anyone but the sleeper of the yr will be a Davenport or Rhodes type who steps into a great situation - something nearly impossible to predict.

Either that or a Domanick Davis who steps out of the shadows of the depth chart by winning a starter's role by week 5-6.

A month ago my list would've been Josh Scobey, Quentin Griffin, Quincy Wilson and Cedrick Cobbs.

The boat has already sailed on Griffin as a sleeper and Scobey is probably going to become the chic late RB sleeper heading into September.

That still leaves time for you to nab Wilson and Cobbs!!
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:10 pm

I think a lot of people are overreacting to the Lelie/Watts situation. Rod Smith hasn't done very much this preseason either. The Broncos have been working Watts a lot and he's mad some great plays so he's garnering a lot of attention. But this is pre-season and I don't see him taking the #2 spot from Lelie. This will be Lelie's year to solidify or lose his job but he will get this year. And, call me crazy, but I think this is the year Lelie really breaks out.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MadScott » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:34 pm

The Arizona situation for RB and WR could be interesting where Anderson put up decent #s at RB and Johnson maybe an interesting option at WR as no one else is really healthy.

The Bears must be pretty confident with Gage or Terrell if they let Booker go to the Phins.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

....howabout

Postby bnjamin10 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:18 pm

How Bout Ben Troupe for TE..he could eventually take the the starting roll
bnjamin10
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: ....howabout

Postby JohnnyTitan » Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:30 pm

bnjamin10 wrote:How Bout Ben Troupe for TE..he could eventually take the the starting roll

Troupe has really been struggling in camp & preseason. Give him another year or two, he's very raw.
JohnnyTitan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk