can u bros help me out,,,,you guys seem like fantasy gods - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

can u bros help me out,,,,you guys seem like fantasy gods

Moderator: Football Moderators

can u bros help me out,,,,you guys seem like fantasy gods

Postby ODOGG » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:58 pm

this is my 2nd year playing fantasy football and i have to say i found the true love of my life. There is nothing i enjoy more then watching the all the games on sunday and just enjoy the mayhem. you guys on here really seem to know your shit and just from chillen on here scoping out all your post i am very impressed i must say good shit. i was hoping to extract the same kind of responses that you guys give out to everyone else in need of your help. i am in a league with 8 people, i dont know what order we'll be draafting in until next week, but this is how our scoring goes ....

1 point for every 10 yards passing....

1 point for every 5 yards rushing

1 point for every reception

6 points for every td

we also get some good value out of our kickers
i think its like regular field goal from 30 yards out is like 3 points
but from say 35-45 its 4 points and 45-50+ its 5 points

we start with 1 qb

2 rb

3 wr

1 te

1 k

and a defense

my questions is can u guys pleaseeeeeeeeee help me get an idea of who to take with the first 3 picks,,,i know i should get one of the elite backs with my first,,,,but because we get so many points from rushing yards who should i take in rounds 2 and 3....thank you guys,,,,like i said b4 you guys got your shit down,,help a fellow ffl cafe member out
ODOGG
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:00 pm

What position do you draft in? Who you aim to take depends highly upon that.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby dihall » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:08 pm

I am only speaking from my own personal draft preferences, but I would for sure go for an elite RB or if you draft later in the first round, maybe Moss. This year I have listed Holmes, Portis, A. Green and LT2 (not necessarily in that order) as definite first picks if they are still available. I also listed elite QBs pretty high, ie. Culpepper and Manning, but then went right back to RBs. With receptions also getting points in your league, you may want to put a few top receivers or "go to" guys in there as choices like Harrison and the likes, but the RBs can do that for you as well. I always like to go with RBs first unless there is a really elite guy still there that would really benefit the team. Do you get points for passing and rushing yardage from your QBs as well? I know people say don't draft QBs early, but my exception is that if either of the absolute top QBs in my mind, or WRs for that matter, are available and you got a good quality RB already, go for it. They can only help your cause, except in a Vick type of scenario last year. Just one gal's opinion! Good luck! :-)
Last edited by dihall on Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't ever underestimate the girls!!

Let's go DAWGS!!
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby IRON CHEF » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:09 pm

I noticed your league is "yardage heavy". TDs aren't as important in this league so I guy like Curtis Martin would make a nice #2 back.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ODOGG » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:15 pm

i dont yet know my draft position cuz that will be determined next week....yes we do get rushing and passing points from the qb's....same as the running back scoring system is universal,,,any player who gets 5 yards rushing gets one point ,,,,any player who gets 10 yards reciving gets 1 point,,,any player that passes the ball 10 yards get a point,,,and td's are all 6 points....do you guys think since my league is td heavy,,,that qb like vick or culpepper might be worth a 2nd pick,,,,thanks for your help guys ,,i am absorbing this shit like a sponge! thank you
ODOGG
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby ODOGG » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:16 pm

i meant yardage heavy sorry,,,rookie mistake
ODOGG
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby dihall » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:18 pm

Just a warning...I'm sure people would disagree with me on this one, but I don't know if I would draft Vick terribly high, not above a good, solid RB. I just personally have a bad feeling about Vick this year. It was reported here that he was hurt and has gotten limited playing time during pre-season games. They downplayed the injury, but I just feel like there may be something to it. Most everyone I know is still really high on him, and he may have a fantastic season, but he is not up as high this year on my list. I would say go for a guy like Culpepper before Vick for sure!
Don't ever underestimate the girls!!

Let's go DAWGS!!
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby ABC » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:25 pm

imo:
You should take a qb with your first pick. either manning or cpepper with a preference towards cpepper, since he also get's rushing yards.

10 yards per pts is HUGE for qb's!! a 300 yard game is worth 30 pts, no including any td's. and you posted that a td is worth 6 pts no matter how it's scored.

Example:
manning threw for: 4,267 yards, 29 td's.
priest ran: 1,420 yards and 27 td's
lt ran: 1,645 yards and 13 td's
j.lewis: 2,066 yards and 14 td's

* even with the rb's pts being 1 pt per 5 yards, manning still outscored then all. i think with lt's 100 rec's and that being a pt he comes close to manning.

then i'd look to pick up either moss or an rb with your next two picks.
ABC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby ODOGG » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:38 pm

ABC...if u add in LT2 100 receptions at which i get 1 point per catch,,,and he had 725 yards receiving,,,which i get 1 point for every 10 yards recieving......that would give me 172 extra points on top of those rushing stats,,,wouldnt that make his value higher over any QB's ?
ODOGG
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby deftdelivery » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:21 pm

ABC wrote:imo:
You should take a qb with your first pick.

I'm sorry, but no.

99% of the Cafe disagrees with you here...drafting is ALL about value. Sure Cpepp may "outscore" a top RB, but the other QB's that can be had in later rounds, such as Hasselbeck, Bulger, McNair, Green, etc may very well finish VERY close to him in production. You can DEFINETELY afford to wait until the middle rounds to draft a QB. You MUST have a top 10 RB...taking a QB in the first won't allow you to do that. RB's value is ridiculously lower than QB's...there is a monstrous dropoff in production from tier 1 to tier 2. That's not the same for QB's.

So I suggest going RB - RB/WR - RB/WR - TE

My .02 ;-D
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk